How to get DTS-HD out of my amp using PS3

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi folks

Well my plans to upgrade my old Denon 3802 have fallen through due to immediate financial constraints. I am now using my 3802 again and have been gloriously reminded why I fell in love with this amp when I first heard it all of 5 years ago! :)

I'm at a bit of a loss for getting Blu-rays with a DTS-HD MA track to come out of my amp as anything other than stereo tho. I'm using the PS3 as my BD player and it handles everything else beautifully. Am I missing something - as I thought the PS3 would decode and send the DTS core to my amp (which is not HD-codec capable btw)?

Any pointers would be great as it really takes the 'oomph' out of certain movies when I'm watching it in crystal clear PQ with just a stereo soundtrack.

Cheers

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Nope, PS3 can handle DTS-HD Master Audio, but since the Denon has no HDMI in, I assume you're using an optical lead and looking to just get the DTS core mix? If so, as long as the output for BD Audio Output Format (Optical Digital) is set to Bitstream it should be working.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Prof. I changed it to Bitstream and was still getting no result.

I found out what it was tho. I went into 'Sound Settings' from the menu and ticked DTS 5.1 in the list of usable sound formats - for some reason I had missed checking this upon initial setup. It all works fine now. :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts