Issue with Yamaha DSPAX763 and Hellboy2 7.1 Dts HD master audio

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm after your advice again....i responded to a friends sos last night as i lent him my Hellboy2 disc to test out his new 7.1 speakers (Q Acoustics 1010i) and he was unable to access the 7.1 dts hd soundtrack but i couldn't get it to work either so i'm hoping you may have the answer.

He has the Yamaha DSPAX763 amp and is using the PS3 as his bluray player. I checked all the ps3 settings and i'm sure they are correct as all the correct audio formats are ticked in the sound menu and it is out putting the audio via bitstream over hdmi. The strange thing is that it appears to be just this disc as i tried the BD of The Spirit today which also has a Dts HD master audio 7.1 soundtrack and that was fine, the amp displayed 7.1 Dts HD, but with Hellboy 2 it just displayed dts 5.1 with the display confirming a 5.1 setup on the right hand side of the display but if i read it correctly the left hand side of the display was showing the correct audio codec, DTS HD master audio 7.1 so does any one have an idea what is going on??

It just has us both stumped and with it not being my equipment it's even more difficult to work out what is going on, we have gone through our respective knowledge and came up empty handed so any help would be much appreciated as it seems to be a bit of a mystery at present [:S]

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
chudleighpaul:Could it be that Hellboy 2 is mislabelled, and is not 7.1? Wouldn't be the first time something like this has happened.

I'm afraid not as on my system it shows DTS HD Master Audio 7.1 very clearly it just seems to be some issue with his system and i'm inclined to think it's the amp but i'm just guessing. Thanks very much for the input though and you are right quite a few discs have been guilty of advertising the audio incorrectly on the packaging but unfortunately it's not the case here.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
f1only:

Is he using the Phat ps3 or the newer slimline version?

Paul

He's using the PS3 slim and bitstreaming the audio straight to the amp
emotion-1.gif

f1only

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry chap i couldnt resist, anyway it seems strange as you say as if The Spirit worked ok, there should'nt be a reason other than maybe a dirty disc especially as you say it works ok on your system.

Paul

TRENDING THREADS