PS3 Slim confirmed it DOES bitstream hd sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just read a US site and they have confirmed that the PS3 slim does bitstream HD sound. They connected it to a sony HD reciever and it dislayed DTS Master audio and Dolby Digital HD when playing different Blu ray dvds. At last

A

Anonymous

did they say what the firmware update for the older model will do for it

A

Anonymous

They didn't meantion the 'Fat' PS3 but even when the new firware update 3.00 is realised on Semtember 1st i dont thaink it will. I believe there is a hardware limitation that prevents it from bitstream HD sound format.

A

Anonymous

i have seen a lot of people state that, just wondered if it had been stated for sure yet. cos we can all live in home. but like someone else asked on here what would be the sound differance in the two ways of doing it, be good to see someone test the old & new side by side when it is out. is it all new chips inside the new model

cloud7

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
darren123:i have seen a lot of people state that, just wondered if it had been stated for sure yet. cos we can all live in home. but like someone else asked on here what would be the sound differance in the two ways of doing it, be good to see someone test the old & new side by side when it is out. is it all new chips inside the new model

Wow... If the thin PS3 has the better sound&picture quality than the fat 1, then this may come out the big issue later!

mgillespie05

Jul 1, 2008
Visit site
i dont supose it will play sacd. and can you upgrade the hard drive. i just put a 500 g in my 60g and it plays sacd but need a new one to keep the kids away from my krp screen

A

Anonymous

mgillespie05:i dont supose it will play sacd. and can you upgrade the hard drive. i just put a 500 g in my 60g and it plays sacd but need a new one to keep the kids away from my krp screen

How did you get it set up to play SACD?

A

Anonymous

Shame, as it's an awesome format and suits being bitsreamed really well. Just the kind of thing a PS3 can excel at. Perhaps they'll bring back that functionality?

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Doubt it - very few people looking to buy the PS3 will be interested in SACD playback and Sony will want to make the player as cheap as possible to compete with the Xbox, so anything they can leave out to bring the price down is pretty much guaranteed to be left out.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts