PS3 picture problems on MENU screen

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I have a PS3 connectd to My Samsung PS-50P96FDX Plasma via QED HDMI cable with the PS3 set to 1080p, but ever since I updated the PS3 firmware to the latest version on the Menu screen I get a flickering on the picture where flashes of what is best described as White Noise but if I boot up a Game or Blu-Ray it stops.I have tried all 3 HDMI cables that I have which are all 1.3 compliant and it does this with all 3, and YEs the HDMI cable is firmly secured in but the PS3 and Plasma. Has anyone else had this?

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]I have a PS3 connectd to My Samsung PS-50P96FDX Plasma via QED HDMI cable with the PS3 set to 1080p, but ever since I updated the PS3 firmware to the latest version on the Menu screen I get a flickering on the picture where flashes of what is best described as White Noise but if I boot up a Game or Blu-Ray it stops.I have tried all 3 HDMI cables that I have which are all 1.3 compliant and it does this with all 3, and YEs the HDMI cable is firmly secured in but the PS3 and Plasma. Has anyone else had this?[/quote]

When was the firmware upgrade? I'll go check it now...

...Well I', already on the latest version according to the system update, and haven't seen this effect...

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="D.J.KRIME"]It's driving me mad![/quote]
I would try it on another HD TV to make sure it isn't that.

A

Anonymous

nothing on mine either have you changed any of the settings recently, try the super white output on and off?

A

Anonymous

Not something Ive seen Im afraid.
I connected my KURO and PS3 just last night with the very same QED PS3 lead (after working out finally what I needed to do!)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts