admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
does anyone know if changing the mains lead on my ps3 for a clearer audio copper line alpha or merlin tarrantula will improve picture quality? thanks

A

Anonymous

Yes do it!

I changed mine for an Alpha and it made a considerable difference! colours were deeper, and everything was much sharper!

I've got the older 80gb ps3 so it's an IEC end plug, if its the new 120gb they can now put a proper fig of 8 connection on it!

Give it a try you won't be disappointed.

Pete

A

Anonymous

just ordered one . hope it works. ive got a 60gb ps3 so iec. thanks for reply

SACripps

Oct 25, 2008
Visit site
petesneds:

if its the new 120gb they can now put a proper fig of 8 connection on it!

Or just buy the IEC to Figure 8 Adaptor for £4.89 instead of the £25 they charge for an integral figure 8 connector.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have the 60Gb version (standard IEC) and can say without a shadow of a doubt that picture quality and particularly sound quality was increased using a 16 core 'braided' mains cable

drenco

Oct 6, 2008
Visit site
Ive been using a Merlin Funnel Web IEC mains cable plugged into a Merlin Scorpion Manis Block for my 40gb PS3 for well over a year now and it has noticeably improved the sound and picture peformance, less noise/cleaner sharper picture, blacker blacks, whiter whites, more colours on screen, more variation of colours on screen etc, soundwise a fuller,deeper,wider, sounstage better seperation and a sweeter top end, hope that helps.
Ps many years ago when i was more than a sceptic about any sort of Mains Lead/Block etc and i bit the bullet and bought a Merlin Black Widow IEC mains cable i have to say on my journey of all things HiFi and Home Cinema it was one of the most revelatory experiences to see it work and the improvements it can make in a system, you will never go back.

clearer_audio

Oct 20, 2007
Visit site
SACripps:
petesneds:

if its the new 120gb they can now put a proper fig of 8 connection on it!

Or just buy the IEC to Figure 8 Adaptor for £4.89 instead of the £25 they charge for an integral figure 8 connector.

Hello everyone,

The IEC to Figure 8 Adaptor is a good cost effective solution and also allows the power cable to be used on another component with a Standard IEC at a later date. The Furutech FI-8N Figure 8 connector is expensive (the RRP is £29.95 although we charge £25.06) but it is a high-end figure 8 connector designed to offer the best peformance with audio-visual components.

Best wishes,

Darren

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts