PS3 HDMI upgrade?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Apologies if this has been covered before but I've tralled through the forums and not found my answer. My question is whether it's worthwhile upgrading my free HDMI cable that connects my PS3 to my Samsung 37inch TV? I appreciate the value of cables but I am unsure whether based on the source and the screensize I will notice a difference. Any advice or shared experience would be much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

If you get picture and sound as it is now and your cable fits without falling out you will not gain anything from upgrading.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
You're obviously going to get conflicting answers, but in my opinion and experience then yes, something like the Chord Supershield or, for less money, the QED HDMI-P would be a worthwhile upgrade for your setup.

Make sure you buy from somewhere with a money back guarantee so that you can test it out and make sure you're happy it improves things when you test it out though.

chudleighpaul

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Save your money, unless there is a problem with your existing cable there is no need to replace it. If there is a problem then about £5 should cover a cable from "that cable"

both.of.me

Mar 2, 2010
Visit site
Have a 37" Sharp and try'd out a chord hdmi active on the playstation it appeared to tidy up the picture a bit with hd material but the most notable difference was sound quality if your using the tv speakers it's not as noticeable but through the denon 1910 it was a huge improvement over the qed cable that was on there.

my advice would be to give one a go a good dealer should be able to loan you a cable to try,

also my ps3 is the newer "slim" one so im not sure how that would compare PQ/SQ wise to a release day one!

A

Anonymous

Contrary to myth, HDMI cable's will all display an identical picture unless the connector is falling off. Either you get a picture or either you dont..simples.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for all your comments/advice. I might go down the route of lending a cable or getting moneyback guarentee - just so I can try out of interest.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
G.Unit69:Contrary to myth, HDMI cable's will all display an identical picture unless the connector is falling off. Either you get a picture or either you dont..simples.

Thats not true at all. As a cable comes close to failing, youll get 'sparklies' onscreen. If it did as you said it just wouldnt display a picture at all.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts