ps3 hd audio update when will it happen?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there anyone who knows about the ps3 hd audio stream firmware upgrade. I am getting a bit fed up of my onkyo 605's dolby true hd light not coming on, I dont know why it bothers me so but I just seem to think I am missing out on the full hd experience and I thought this combo would satisfy all my home cinema needs. I like my kef eggs and Im waiting for your review on the philips 42pfl 9732d (my wife likes the rear disco lights) any info would help.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
There's a lot of speculation that there will be a firmware upgrade to allow HD sound from the PS3 but no firm time (nor an official confirmation as far as I've read).

A

Anonymous

From what ive read it cant happen due the chipset not being able to output bitstream! i think the info is good as ive been to the broadcom website myself and it doesnt apper to be compatible! even though it's hdmi 1.3

A

Anonymous

and why would they advertise dolby true hd logo on the ps3 if they have no way of outputting it !!!

also sony have promised the upgrade to what hi fi see jan mag page 59, the only thing is they dont mention dts hd in any of the sony web pages or in the ps3 manual which seems dull because blu ray have more dts hd audio than dolby true hd for now anyway.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="rapsey"]

and why would they advertise dolby true hd logo on the ps3 if they have no way of outputting it !!!

also sony have promised the upgrade to what hi fi see jan mag page 59, the only thing is they dont mention dts hd in any of the sony web pages or in the ps3 manual which seems dull because blu ray have more dts hd audio than dolby true hd for now anyway.

[/quote]

maybe because it can read it and decode it internally.

I want the DTS Master as well as the True HD light on my Denon 3808!

A

Anonymous

[quote user="VoodooDoctor"]So why does the PS3 give you the option to output Bitstream over HDMI?[/quote]

It can bitstream dd and dts, but not high def audio and it never will!

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Can you link to the article (if that's allowed)? I find it bizarre that this Trojan Horse for Blu-ray wouldn't be a fully functioning player but I'm willing to be shown the light.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts