Projector Lamp... only 600 hours?

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
I’ve had my Panasonic PTAE3000 Projector for 2 years now and in that time I have had to return it to my dealer twice. The image started to flicker light and dark after approximately 600 hours on both occasions, and that was even in Eco-mode.

First time Panasonic fixed it saying it was a faulty bulb free of charge, this time they are saying that the bulb has been damaged due to excessive switching on and off, apparently 400 times and want £300 to fix it.

I probably use the projector for a couple of hours a day max, maybe more at the weekend, is this over usage or are Panasonic just trying to get out of fixing this?.

Why would they fix it the first time stating it was a faulty bulb and the exact same thing happens, but this time it’s my fault.

Any feedback would be welcome.

Tonya

Sep 9, 2008
Visit site
If you are using the original recommended lamp, which is the ET-LAE100 module, you should be getting at least 2000 hours before it's time to replace it, which costs around £280 in the UK the last time I checked.

The PTAE3000 is also very susceptable to dust for some reason, so have a can of compressed air handy if you start seeing "blotches" on the screen.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Tonya:
If you are using the original recommended lamp, which is the ET-LAE100 module, you should be getting at least 2000 hours before it's time to replace it, which costs around £280 in the UK the last time I checked.

The PTAE3000 is also very susceptable to dust for some reason, so have a can of compressed air handy if you start seeing "blotches" on the screen.

emotion-21.gif

iainl2005

Jun 1, 2009
Visit site
Had a conversation with the engineer yesterday, he was fairly adamant that due to me thinking I was being responsible and turning off my projector when not in use was actually really bad for it. You should leave your projector on for as long as possible, even though it states in the manual leaving your projector on for more than 10 hours isnt good for it.

I just feel 600 hours is pretty poor.

Oh and the engineer said that through his years of experience Panasonic make the best lamps in the business... I don't think so, my old InFocus 76 managed 1800 hours before I sold it, and that was used every day for 2 years.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
I think if you were for example watching 2 films with a half hour gap in between then you might be better leaving it on. But just saying it needs to be on as much as possible doesn't seem right.

As long as you have let the projector cool down as instructed before turning it off it should be fine, and if you're following their guidance in the manual I think they should be taking a look at why the projector is blowing bulbs so early.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts