Project X1 cartridge treble high

Mctaorluath

Dec 26, 2021
Visit site
Hi there. Looking for suitable cartridge to replace my pick it s2mm on my Project X1 one. I like the cartridge sound and imaging, but find the treble is too piercing at the top end. My cd player sound is fine on top end, so think my amp and speakers are fine. Budget would be £200 tops. Any opinions would be great. Thanks.

Hi there. Looking for suitable cartridge to replace my pick it s2mm on my Project X1 one. I like the cartridge sound and imaging, but find the treble is too piercing at the top end. My cd player sound is fine on top end, so think my amp and speakers are fine. Budget would be £200 tops. Any opinions would be great. Thanks.
The Pick It S2 is basically a revamped Ortofon 2M Red so can understand your opinion of it.
Suggest you look at something along these lnes....
Or the ML version that is forty pounds cheaper....

elliswils

Nov 11, 2021
Visit site
If the record was recorded badly, no cartridge will make that better... I use the Ortofon Bronze on my X2 and it's good as long as the recording is a good one. Some of the stuff recorded in the seventies (in particular), even remastered and on audiophile vinyl is still pants.

Reactions: Al ears
If the record was recorded badly, no cartridge will make that better... I use the Ortofon Bronze on my X2 and it's good as long as the recording is a good one. Some of the stuff recorded in the seventies (in particular), even remastered and on audiophile vinyl is still pants.
If you are sticking with Ortofon then the Bronze, to my mind, offers the best value for money. I could never get on with the cheaper pair and their derivatives.
unfortunately he isn't going to get one for £200

TrevC

The Pick It S2 is basically a revamped Ortofon 2M Red so can understand your opinion of it.
Suggest you look at something along these lnes....
Or the ML version that is forty pounds cheaper....

Having tried both the SH and ML the ML is much better as well as cheaper. Tracking is perfect on the ML, not so great on the SH and it kept clogging up.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts