Project Speedbox

Burnsie

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Just wondering if anybody has had experience of using the Project speedbox. i have not got a lot of 45's so the speed change does not really bother me but I have read a few reviews that says it makes a project turntable sound a bit better.

I have the Project 2 Xperience acryl and was just curious whether it would add to the sound or if I would be better spending my money on new vinyl.

Cheers

Burnsie said:
Just wondering if anybody has had experience of using the Project speedbox. i have not got a lot of 45's so the speed change does not really bother me but I have read a few reviews that says it makes a project turntable sound a bit better.

I have the Project 2 Xperience acryl and was just curious whether it would add to the sound or if I would be better spending my money on new vinyl.

Cheers

I seriously doubt it will do much for the sound. It may make the rotating speed a bit more stable, and this is pretty much all Project claim. It is primarily for convenience and speed switching as far as I know.

If you want sound improvement save your money and use it to buy a better cartridge.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
Was one of the first "upgrades" I did, mainly for the convenience of not having to change the belt every time (surely this must save some wear and tear), imo I would buy one just for this, not sure about any sound improvements although Project do state that due to "the motor running smoother" and "clean power" there may be some.

At around £110 (from a well known internet shopping site), I think its something of a bargain.

Sorry if this is not the answer you were expecting but when taking about sound improvements, some people can hear a difference whilst others maintain that its a load of rubbish (just look at any of the many cable threads on this forum).

*music2*

jacobmorrison

Feb 6, 2009
Visit site
I did the same upgrade on the same turntable. The pitch stability was much improved making vocals and pianos in particular sound more natural. It also tightened up the bass and reduced the rumble by a surprising amount. I was sceptical and purchased it really for the convenience of the speed change, but having heard the difference it's very obvious now why loads of turntable manufacturers offer mains supply upgrades. It's well worth the money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts