Product reviews free online

tounra

Sep 25, 2007
Visit site
Haven't visited this site/forum a long time I was surprised to see that the reviews are posted online and readable without the need for a subscription on the magazine!
I tried to search this site for an already existing thread about his great service, but there no longer seems to be a 'search box'...
Anyways, my compliments, this is really great and commendable.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Glad you like the site. Apologies for current lack of search on Forums - this is being rectified very soon. In the meantime, the main search bar on the top-left of the home page will also search all Forum threads.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Clare,

I'd also like to add my compliments to you regarding the website's review section.Both the Reviews & Best Buys sections have proved usefull when gathering basic info. on components,before drawing up demo. short-lists.Though,i'm aware of some of the complexities involved,i'd still prefer to see more comment on design detail/design philosophy & more extensive technical specifications.Perhaps the addition of a glossary section may also prove to be popular.

Would you know if there are any moves along these lines afoot? How regularly are new product reviews posted or updated on the site? And lastly,are you aware of forthcoming reviews of the products from Ayre Accoustic's(KX-R,MX-R,K-1xe,V-1xe,L-5xe),Electrocompaniet(EMC-1 UP,EMP-1,EC-4.9,EC-4.8,AW400M,AW180M) & Esoteric(X-01D2,U-X1pi)?

I only ask as i hope to audition them anytime soon.

Thanks.

BABUR.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
The more people visit the forum, the more buy the magazine, the more advertising revenue (across both). No brainer.

Having said that, many companies would be scared to do this, so it's hats off to the vision of the WHF team on this in my opinion.

A

Anonymous

JoelSim:
The more people visit the forum, the more buy the magazine, the more advertising revenue (across both). No brainer.

And the more money Haymarket makes (no, my dad isn't involved at all...not a bit...nope zilch).

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
Hughes123:JoelSim:

And the more money Haymarket makes (no, my dad isn't involved at all...not a bit...nope zilch).

And the bigger the bonuses are, and the more hifi equipment (or haircuts) you can buy. I noticed Mr E has just had a bubble-perm with blond highlights...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
JoelSim:

Having said that, many companies would be scared to do this, so it's hats off to the vision of the WHF team on this in my opinion

Absolutely - as you'll have noted when you have to fight all through all those ads to get to the content.

A

Anonymous

Andrew Everard:JoelSim:
And the bigger the bonuses are

Excuse me while I go and Google 'bonuses'

Well said last 3 posts Andrew...........and i'm not paid by WHF before you ask
emotion-1.gif

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Babur72:
Perhaps the addition of a glossary section may also prove to be popular.

Thanks.

BABUR.

A Glossary is already planned, and will be implemented when the bosses sign off the next phase of investment.

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Andy,

If those plans for the website are eventually implemented,that would be great news...More power to your collective elbows!

Oh,Andy.How often are new reviews updated on the website?

Thanks.

BABUR.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Apart from the exclusives we publish ahead of the magazine date, the reviews are updated monthly when the magazine comes out, to reflect the content of the print magazine.

A

Anonymous

It's a great idea, I just think it might hit the sales of your magazine as many people only read it for the review on particular products - now they can just click on the site and not pay a penny. It's a shame because WHFS&V is the best hi-fi magazine for the simple reason as there is no personal, pretentious attachments in the reviews and so all reviews are conducted with a totally unbiased nature (or so one must hope!)

Babur72

Nov 25, 2007
Visit site
Hi Hughsie,

Completely agree with your opinion regarding WHF?'s. accessible approach & lack of pretention.But i don't think that the addition of a glossary,or the regular posting of product reviews online,would automatically signal the beginning of the end of the magazine as we know it.

On the contrary,there's plenty of potential for these online reviews & forums to prove their worth as the best form of self-promotion.With some careful editing & judicious timing of product review updates - so as not to affect the current print copy's circulation greatly - this could work like a taster.Persuading more newcomers to subscribe to both the magazine & the forum.And potentially tempting back lapsed subscribers to re-subscribe,by showing them a little of what they're missing out on.

Don't take my word for it.My brother-in-law(who's an associate director at a well known advertising & marketing firm) felt that the marketing execs. at Haymarket/WHF? could be making a pretty shrewd move.

Anyway.I'm sure the boffins & suits at Haymarket & WHF? have thought it through thoroughly.

BABUR.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts