Problems with Sky Q

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Have had Sky Q for a couple of months now, and have been generally pleased with it.....until now!

A couple of weeks ago, the Sky Q Silver box would turn on, but no picture or sound passed through to the TV. Tried putting the standby mode to 'off' , then 'active' but nothing worked. The only way to remedy the problem (temporarilly) is to unplug, wait 30 seconds and reboot.

Have called Sky and they want me to take time off work so an engineer can come and see what's wrong!

Has anyone else had this problem? *help*

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Just had the Sky engineers out to mine. Bearing in mind that they fitted it in the first place....they decided that the input to the tv was wrong, should have been input 1 not input 2 (which is the ARC input?), removed ethernet cable and switched it back to wifi(can't understand that one), and added a wifi booster in my dining room (bearing in mind that i can measure over 50mbps wirelessly on my phone in the kitchen using Ookla's speedtest app).

Just have to wait and see if it improves anything. *scratch_one-s_head*

gsyx123 said:
Just had the Sky engineers out to mine. Bearing in mind that they fitted it in the first place....they decided that the input to the tv was wrong, should have been input 1 not input 2 (which is the ARC input?), removed ethernet cable and switched it back to wifi(can't understand that one), and added a wifi booster in my dining room (bearing in mind that i can measure over 50mbps wirelessly on my phone in the kitchen using Ookla's speedtest app).

Did it?

gsyx123

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Geddy Lee said:
gsyx123 said:

Did it?
nope. Just came back from10 days holiday to find main box would not turn on without unplugging the power cable and had to do the same with q mini box !!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts