problems connecting new ysp

b75

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
merry christmas and a quick question for anyone that can help . recieved a ysp 30d for my christmas and am currently tryin to connect it . was goin to connect using hdmi but havent got another hdmi cable yet so am currently tryin to use the cables supplied. i have hit a prob tho as my sony tv doesnt have an optical audio output connection . is it ok to leave that out or do i wait for an hdmi cable. cheers

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
The HDMI connection on the TV will be an input, so if your TV doesn't have optical audio output, use the analogue audio output via a pair of RCA phono cables (red/white). The analogue audio output should be marked with a circle with an arrow pointing outwards (output).

If you have any further questions, please post the makes/model numbers as it makes things easier to check.
emotion-1.gif

b75

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
cherrs its a sony 40w2000 and it the cables that came with it i already have the analogue audio output red and white cables connected along with the yellow video output to the tv and the orange coaxialaudio output to my dvd but dont have an optical audio connection on sony . do i need to connect another lead or can i leave it out as i am like a kid at christmas and too impatient to wait for hdmi cable and want to try it out although dunno if to be better waitin for my hdmi cables before i auto set up and i also have a subwoofer on its way . cheers

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
I would seriously recommend purchasing another HDMI Cable as I have the same Yamaha Sound Projector and I only use the analogue leads to Sky HD Box. As for the auto setup you can do this as often as you like and I did not save the first changes as I wanted to try it out like you before my Subwoofer showed up. You can experiment this soundbar by doing manual setup. Enjoy it as it is a commendable Surround Sound beast.

TRENDING THREADS