Problem with turntable on new hifi setup

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have recently purchased a Marantz PM4200 as my first intergrated amp. I have on old Ion turntable (first generation it think) which i a setup to test my new amp works. All I get through the phono stage is a very muffled, loud signal. Is this common when using these USB turntables through amps? If not what is the problem and how can it be fixed?

camcroft

Hi.You will need to check if the turntable has got its own phono stage.What input are you connecting it to on the amp.If it has its own phono stage try connecting it to the auxillary input to see if that makes any difference.Hope this helps

camcroft

Using a Home Stereo

• The best way to connect the Ion turntable to your computer is by USB. The RCA cables (red and white ends) are for connecting the turntable straight into your home sound system, for using without a computer. If you connect the turntable directly to your sound system, select the correct signal level. Underneath the turntable you will see a switch. Set this to the type of sound system you are using. With a USB connection to a computer, this switch is redundant.

Read more: Ion USB Turntable Troubleshooting | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/way_5240929_ion-usb-turntable-troubleshooting.html#ixzz2ENEg4RdO

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts