Problem with Retailer/Manufacturer

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

NSA_watch_my_toilet

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
I had few problems like that in the past and nearly all problems was solved with time and tenacity. The most extreme problem was a burning Tom Evans preamp that needed two years to function completely.

Another was a faulty tube amplifier, that was repaired by the man who built it. Needed special transport fees too. This is always the great problem if you buy it on the internet and you don't have a direct partner like a hifi seller. Generally, when you are in those kind of problems, then you will miss the retailer service.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
NSA_watch_my_toilet said:
I had few problems like that in the past and nearly all problems was solved with time and tenacity. The most extreme problem was a burning Tom Evans preamp that needed two years to function completely.

Another was a faulty tube amplifier, that was repaired by the man who built it. Needed special transport fees too. This is always the great problem if you buy it on the internet and you don't have a direct partner like a hifi seller. Generally, when you are in those kind of problems, then you will miss the retailer service.

It all depends on where you buy it. There are many retailers around who will treat you properly and care about their customers. There are also some who don't.

A good guide is something like TrustPilot. A dealer cannot forge these reviews, they are automatically sent to either all purchasers or no purchasers. From this you can read not only where everything has worked as it should, but where dealers have had an issue and their customer service has shone through, and despite that issue the dealer has done everything he can to make the situation better.

TRENDING THREADS