Problem with connecting Media Player to Sony STR -DA2400es

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello, hope you can help with a problem thats driving me mad! I have been using my 2400es with PS3 connected to BD input and my Virgin Tivo connected to Sat input (both by HDMI) with no problems when switching from one to another ( I output the sound to KEF 2001.3 surround sound for watching TV and PS3). I connect the 2400ES to my TV by HDMI. I recently got a Iomega Screenplay TV link HD media player as I want to play FLAC files from a hard drive through my 2400ES. I have tried connecting the media player by HDMI to the DVD input and the also to the Video 1 input, and using either of these connections I get great sound and the Media player displays on my TV. No problems, happy days!

The problem starts when I switch off the Media player and try to go back to watching either my PS3 or Virgin TV. Selecting either of them I get a picture on screen but no sound through my speakers. The only way I have found to get sound back is to switch off the receiver and unplug the HDMI cable connecting the media player from whichever input (DVD or Video 1) I have been using. The audio on Sat or BD then miraculously re-appears. Although unplugging the HDMI doesn't seem like a big deal, I don't like having to be constantly unplugging in and out of the back of the receiver as I'm worried that other cables might start coming loose with sliding the receiver in and out of my rack. ( I'm also worried that I might damage my receiver if there is some sort of conflict).

I've looked at the manual and also ventured into GUI mode, but both leave me totally confused. I don't seem to be able to do anything in GUI mode anyway, which is probably just as well as I might make things worse! You have probably gathered from this plea for help that I am not very technically minded, so any help /advice in the most basic of terms (ie that a 5 year old would understand!) would be really appreciated ( and save me pulling out what little hair I have left!) Thanks in anticipation

davejberry

Mar 29, 2009
Visit site
Try switching off all HDMI control if you haven't already. I have an older Iomega media player that doesn't output over HDMI through my 2400ES either, I just connect it straight to my tv and pass the sound to the receiver via spdif. If you are only really using it for audio, this hould be fine.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Dave

Which input on your 2400ES do you use for this? Would I have to alter any settings on my receiver or TV? I assume I would connect to the receiver using either co-ax or optical and HDMI to my TV (I do have a spare HDMI input on my TV)?

A

Anonymous

Have done as you said, connected to TV via hdmi and to receiver via optical - working fine so far !!! Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts