Problem - No On Screen Display to calibrate Yamaha YSP-30D & YSF Sub-woofer

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
Please help, I have endured a frustrating afternoon trying to calibrate this Sound Projector to my living place because without the display of the Yamaha set up menu on my tv screen I cannot make any adjustments or calibrate the sub woofer. 2 HDMI leads are connected from Sky HD and BD30 Player to the YSP with the 3rd (out lead) connected to the TV and to save my original settings into HDMI 3 on the LZD85. A video lead (yellow) is connected from the YSP to the video input on the TV. There is only 1 as the rest is component or audio. I have even connected the optical lead from the TV to the Yamaha. Now I understand that I go into settings on the TV to find the new AV format and accept it so it shows automatically when you select the AV button. I originally had scart for Wii,(AV1) another scart for Sky (AV2) then HDMI1 was for Bluray and HDMI2 set for Sky again for HD content. So I set up by naming HDMI3 - Yamaha and in the audio front I connected both Sky and BD-30 to the YSP-30D so that I have a choice of analogue as well as auto (hdmi) settings on Yamaha. The problem is I am not receiving the Yamaha Set up menu on my TV Screen even if I modify the AV settings to AV/DVD/PCM/SAT/ etc it has at least 7 different settings. In the end I was so peeved I set up the microphone and just selected the auto setup with the subwoofer attached. After 3 mins it had finished bombarding the room with sound beams (I hid in the Conservatory) and showed the 5 beam setting with SWFR on the Yamaha display. I had no way of telling of whether My Surround mode was correct. Unfortunately the Sub Woofer just produces a hum so I know that part has not worked out. The My Surround is fine but I am sure it could be better. Again without the OSD I cannot do any manual settings/adjustments. However the 5 Beam etc down to Stereo formats work fine as does the Cinema/Music/Sport. I can change between Dolby Neo 6, DTS, Pro logic and boy the sound that comes from the Disney BluRay into menus is glorious. I have listened to St Trinians DVD, AVP Requim (BD) National Treasure 2(BD) The Water Horse (BD) and Godzilla on Sky HD. Happy with my purchase just need some help to exploit it to the full.
emotion-43.gif

shado

Aug 22, 2008
Visit site
phew, sorted over the weekend and thanks to Whathifi Mag with a £10 off coupon with Richer Sounds I got an IXOS HDMI and Cambridge Audio sub woofer leads. Having a small disproportional living space the Yamaha fills it with ease with surround sound at a very bargain price. One happy customer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts