ProAc Tablette 10 or Guru Junior? The search continues.....

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
I'm still trying to make the leap and find a pair of compact speakers that I can wall mount for £1000 or under.

i have read so many reviews I have a headache lol

I would really like a pair that I would be happy to keep long term and not feel like I should upgrade in the near future

Obviously my local dealer doesn't stock every brand of speaker available

i had just about set myself on buying Tablette 10s but I'm worried my 8000A won't do them justice?

ive read good things about Guru Juniors which are slightly cheaper but unfortunately I'd have to buy them online

any other suggestions are appreciated but has to be within my budget

Thanks in Advance

Leif

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I was looking for some nice speakers for my modest system, and considered the Proac. I did not hear the Proac, and I went for the PMC twenty.21. I suspect the Proac is lovely. The Spendor A10 is another good one, but no grilles which turns me off.

Pedro

May 31, 2016
Visit site
I owned a pair of Juniors. I drove them with an UnitiQute 2 (30w/channel). They're nice speakers and can be placed near the rear wall.

With that budget maybe you can also consider the brand new ATC HTS7

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
theaceface said:
The Audio Note is rear ported though

is it not?

so unsuitable for wall mounting?

Audio Note speakers are designed to work best close to walls and in corners.....unlike most other speakers, except the Snell designs on which they are based.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
Ports are not drivers. They help to tune the cabinet. So long as they aren't actually touching the wall it shouldn't matter if properly designed. My AX-Twos have about 4" clearance from walls and corners to allow for skirting board, feet of the stands and flexibility/rigidity of cables.

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
As far as wall mounting is concerned

it will be on BT77 brackets unless the speakers I eventually decide on have custom ones available

i would prefer some better brackets really as I think they are prone to tip forward and I don't fancy putting screws in a grands worth of speaker.

im struggling to find much about the Audio Note AX-2?

Not many reviews and no price on their website?

Who are the UK stockists and where can you order from?

Although I would prefer to listen first than buying blind, it looks as if all the suggested options would have to be online purchases.

My local dealer stocks ProAc which is why I was originally gravitating towards the Tablette 10

Thanks for everyone's input

its greatly appreciated

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
regarding the Audio Note AX-2.

there are some reviews floating around online, most seem positive.

the price seems to be around $1000 per pair.

there website does list some stockists but there isn't many.

I'm not sure you can order them online, I think Audio Note are the sort of company that would prefer you demo in person at a dealers.

I think the BT77 brackets will be ok and I don't think you will need to put screws in the spks.

Audio note do not do custom wall brackets as they recommend heavy floor stands instead.

*music2*

theaceface said:
As far as wall mounting is concerned

it will be on BT77 brackets unless the speakers I eventually decide on have custom ones available

i would prefer some better brackets really as I think they are prone to tip forward and I don't fancy putting screws in a grands worth of speaker.

im struggling to find much about the Audio Note AX-2?

Not many reviews and no price on their website?

Who are the UK stockists and where can you order from?

Although I would prefer to listen first than buying blind, it looks as if all the suggested options would have to be online purchases.

My local dealer stocks ProAc which is why I was originally gravitating towards the Tablette 10

Thanks for everyone's input

its greatly appreciated

As far as I am aware Audio Note are not very keen on their stockists actually stating prices and I think http://audiocounsel.co.uk/ are the main stockists (Manchester), of which there are about 2 :)

Might be worth giving them a ring.

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Yeah I noticed their website

was hoping to see prices and "real world" user reviews

You would think that if people that have bought the AN speakers and rate them highly, they would want more publicity for their products?

I mentioned the ProAc and I see no one has said yes, go for it etc lol

I don't fancy purchasing a speaker without listening first, but I don't like just having to make a choice between what my dealer stocks. Especially when I'm limited to position of my speakers.

Rock, hard place spring to mind!

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Given this requirement, I am surprised that no-one has suggested the Neet Iota.

Designed specifically for wall mounting, these are cracking little speakersthat will be at their best in the proposed setup.

I have a lot of time for Pro-ac speakers but would be surprised if they gave anything close to their best when wall mounted. The Audio Notes are quite large in this context, I would not like to try and wall mount them.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
A pair of PMC DB1 Gold's with dedicated PMC wall mounting brackets, the speakers have brass threaded inserts on the back to attach the brackets , thay also work extremely well on a wall and were designed this way .

http://pmc-speakers.com/products/consumer/hifi-accessories/db1-gold-wall-bracket

When you upgrade you amp you will notice a marked improvement , in fact the better the amp the better they get right up to some very serious amplification and they just keep on getting better and better.

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
what would be a decent upgrade without breaking the bank?

i was looking at the Audiolab M-One because I like the idea of a built in DAC

i realise it might not be an upgrade as such given its power rating though, but was wondering how far Audiolab have moved on given that my 8000A is a first generation 1983 model?

theaceface

Oct 20, 2016
Visit site
Just read about these and they seem like a good option

Well under budget too

Interesting, and will stand up well to future amp upgrades, only need small brackets too which is great.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
theaceface said:
Just read about these and they seem like a good option

Well under budget too

Interesting, and will stand up well to future amp upgrades, only need small brackets too which is great.

They are really tiny so do not, at first glance, look great value but they are designed for this application and project the music out into the room much better than you would imagine.

If I was looking for bookshelf or wall mount speakers, these would be my first port of call.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts