PROAC STUDIO 100 VS STUDIO 130 - Help!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Which is the better speaker? I am concerned that the studio 100 might reveal some 'boxiness' that can be avoided for merely £120 or so...do their drivers differ? Which is the 'best' speaker in terms of 'imagery' and transparency? BTW, i am pairing them with an Arcam A32...

A

Anonymous

The only solution is to go and audition. You can judge whether they sound too boxy or not then. The pros and cons of floor standers versus stand mount are equal and it comes down to priority.

A

Anonymous

igglebert:The only solution is to go and audition. You can judge whether they sound too boxy or not then. The pros and cons of floor standers versus stand mount are equal and it comes down to priority.

i have not yet come across any studio 100 in any shop here in brighton...their reputation is legendary, but i all i can do is listen to the 130 this week. Of course it will sound superb but cannot compare unfortunately...

A

Anonymous

There is very little in it, and personally, I think you will prefer the Studio 130s because their treble is a little less in your face so you can concentrate on the presence of the midrange and also the brilliant transparancy of the bass which is always a feature of ProAc speakers.

Did you get the A32 in the end? What do you think of it?

A

Anonymous

Hughes123:There is very little in it, and personally, I think you will prefer the Studio 130s because their treble is a little less in your face so you can concentrate on the presence of the midrange and also the brilliant transparancy of the bass which is always a feature of ProAc speakers.

Did you get the A32 in the end? What do you think of it?

Hughes:

I did secure the a32, though it's still in the shop. I am ordering the proac from the same dealer, hoping the price is lower given that i am purchasing two expensive items. Monday i'll find out how much they price the A130's, though i suspect tgey'll be reluctant to cut it substancially given that i got the arcam by a mere £699. What is your view? shall i barter? I am also very curious about the response ISC. The reviews are awsome, and they are similarly priced to the stduio 130...have you heard them?

A

Anonymous

Just say: "I can get the A32 for £599 very easily, so £100 off the ProAcs would be great to secure me as a future customer".

I've heard them and they are excellent, but they look too boring for me so I held onto my money!

A

Anonymous

i actually really like the look of them actually-but i mean in sonic terms, are their transparency and imaging superior? remember i have the sub to go with the...appreciate your expertise!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts