Pro-Ject Essential II set up

Alin.C

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I am planning on buying a Pro-Ject Essential II Phono USB. I was thinking to hook the turntable to the Q Acoustics 3020 as i've read very good reviews about these.

I am a newbie to the turntable domain and i want to know if i will be able to hook these speakers directly to the turntable i mentioned or do i need some other equipment?

Alin.C said:
Hello,

I am planning on buying a Pro-Ject Essential II Phono USB. I was thinking to hook the turntable to the Q Acoustics 3020 as i've read very good reviews about these.

I am a newbie to the turntable domain and i want to know if i will be able to hook these speakers directly to the turntable i mentioned or do i need some other equipment?

You are going to need an amplifier of some description. If you didn't realise that I suggest you find a go dealer locally and visit them. Their advice will help, especially if they stock the Project as well.

P.S. you don't need the USB version.

Alin.C

Feb 17, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

You are right, i am not after the USB capability. I want to buy the phono version of essential II because it has the built in pre-amp so i don't have to buy a separate pre-amp. And i was also thinking of buying a set of active speakers so i don't have to buy an amp.

Unfortunately where i live there are no shops selling the pro-ject essential. I will buy it online.

Can you recommend some good active speakers that i can hook directly to the turntable? That are in the same price range as the Q Acoustics 3020.

Alin.C said:
Thanks for the reply.

You are right, i am not after the USB capability. I want to buy the phono version of essential II because it has the built in pre-amp so i don't have to buy a separate pre-amp. And i was also thinking of buying a set of active speakers so i don't have to buy an amp.

Unfortunately where i live there are no shops selling the pro-ject essential. I will buy it online.

Can you recommend some good active speakers that i can hook directly to the turntable? That are in the same price range as the Q Acoustics 3020.

I am not sure you can do it that way. You need a volume control in the loop somewhere. So a preamp of some kind is necessary.

Perhaps someone more familiar with active speakers can assist.

P.S.. it is not advisable to try vinyl on the cheap, unless you already have a sizeable collection.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts