Pro-ject elemental pre-amp enquiry

rlemare

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have just purchased the pro-ject elemental turntable and Cambridge azur 340a amp. However I am not sure whether I will need to purchase a separate preamp. I have read that there is already a preamp in the turntable. Also, the amp does not have a phono input, which input should I feed the turntable into, aux? New to this so any help would be appreciated.

Canguino Purlat

Apr 5, 2016
Visit site
If your TT has an USB output, then it has a built-in phono preamp. If not, it's the basic model that hasn't got one, and you will have to purchase one. Cheap but good ones are Pro-ject Phono Box, Cambridge Audio 551P, Vincent PHO 111 or NAD PP-2. Have a nice time listening to music!

Canguino Purlat said:
If your TT has an USB output, then it has a built-in phono preamp. If not, it's the basic model that hasn't got one, and you will have to purchase one. Cheap but good ones are Pro-ject Phono Box, Cambridge Audio 551P, Vincent PHO 111 or NAD PP-2. Have a nice time listening to music!

As pointed out if you have the USB version then it does have an inbuilt phono preamp and leads can go to your amps AUX sockets. If you have the basic version then see above for phono preamp options, the cables from this also going to Aux or any other line-level input.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts