Pro ject Debut turntable ( circa 2001) in need of a new stylus. Any recommendations please?

gerryf

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I am in need of a replacement stylus for my old Pro ject Debut turntable and confess to being totally confused about which product I need. Any help from you lovely people is greatly appreciated.
Thank you, Gerry

Ortofon OMB 5E - Sorry, should have added to my original question.
in that case the 5e replacement stylus will do or, depending on your budget, you can upgrade to the OM 10 stylus and so on

Reactions: gerryf

gerryf

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
in that case the 5e replacement stylus will do or, depending on your budget, you can upgrade to the OM 10 stylus and so on
Thank you. I think an upgrade to the Ortofon Stylus 10 is due. Thank you again for your reply, I am grateful.

Reactions: Al ears
Mar 8, 2023
Visit site
I have an older Pro-ject Debut turntable that requires a new stylus, however I must admit that I am completely unsure as to which device I should purchase. We are really grateful for any assistance that you kind individuals may provide. dordle

I have an older Pro-ject Debut turntable that requires a new stylus, however I must admit that I am completely unsure as to which device I should purchase. We are really grateful for any assistance that you kind individuals may provide. dordle
What cartridge is currently fitted to your turntable? It should be labelled somewhere.
Is it an Ortofon 2M Red?
Have you owned the turntable from new or is it possible someone could have switched the cartridge? Really need to know what it is before we can really advise.
If it is you can upgrade by fitting the stylus for a 2M Blue if the stylus itself is all that is needed band not the cartridge as a whole.
However if it is really old then an Ortofon OM5E was fitted so any of the OM stylii would fit.
like this one...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts