Primare I30 powerful enough for Spendor A5/A6 speakers?

sjbabbey

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
My old Castle Harlech speakers have given up the ghost and am considering exchanging my old audiolab pre/power amps for a Primare I30 integrated amp to match my CD31 CD player.

With the usual proviso of actually listening to various speaker combinations, would the Spendor A5 or A6s be a good match for the Primare electronics. The reviews I've seen suggest they may be a good sonoc match for the Primares and I like the fact that they are not likely to dominate my living room with their size. My reservation is that they are not as sensitive as other speakers (ProAc/PMC) usually recommended as partners for a Primare set-up. Would this be a good way to go?

Steve

System

Primare CD31, Audiolab 8000c, Audiolab 800P x 2, Castle Harlech (R.I.P.), Nordost flatline (bi-wire), audioquest quartz interconnects.

sjbabbey

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I see that the Dyn's are also 85db sensitivity but 4 ohm impedence so if the Primare can drive them OK it should be OK power-wise.

A

Anonymous

The I30 is a superb choice for any of the new Spendor range. I heard it with the SA1s and it was excellent. The I30 has a HUGE power supply and can drive pretty much anything. I think it can muster up peak to peak 45amps; a stiff PSU some would say.

If a Dynaudio user is happy with it then you won't be disappointed; Dyns need a nuclear reaction to power them.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i'm pretty sure i remember looking through the top panel and seeing two pretty meaty toroids. as iggle says, if they can make dyn's "jump to" the spendors will be easy.

TRENDING THREADS