Price of the new LG Oled TVs £6500 the flagship

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
That's a seriously good starting price, not much more than what you paid for the Panasonic!!
Yep, just got to see how 4K and HDR look on my TV before potentially jumping ship.

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

In future gel, when linking to something with many pages, it would help everyone else if you told people the relevant page number, my academic background and correctly quoting references coming to the fore here! I did find it on page 21. £6499 for the 65" Signature G6, which is £500 less than they are now quoting for your 65" Panasonic 4K OLED .......

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
Seriously gel, you need to think about your finances harder. Owning the Panasonic for only a few months and then changing TV will result in around £2000 loss......it's a lot money!
its seriously unlikely that I will change again.

rocketrazor

Dec 12, 2009
Visit site
I thought just the other day you said your Panny was a keeper! Gel you go through TV' quicker than I go through trainers, in fact youve probably owned more TV's than I have trainers!

gel said:
bigboss said:
Seriously gel, you need to think about your finances harder. Owning the Panasonic for only a few months and then changing TV will result in around £2000 loss......it's a lot money!
its seriously unlikely that I will change again.  
You exact previous post says this:
gel said:
Yep, just got to see how 4K and HDR look on my TV before potentially jumping ship.  
*SCRATCH*

Son_of_SJ

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Whatever other problems Gel has, one of the most demonstrable is short-term memory loss, whereby he forgets what he himself had written within - oh, let's say, 24 hours - and can then, apparently with all sincerity, say the exact opposite thing to a previous post of his. As bigboss has just showed.

Gel said that he was thinking of buying the Panasonic 4K OLED. People told him not to do that, to wait for the 2016 LG OLEDs. Gel went ahead and bought the Panasonic OLED anyway, at a cost of around £6K. Now he is thinking of trading in the (excellent) Panasonic OLED, if the 2016 LG OLEDs are flashier and shinier. As bigboss said, the depreciation cost to the Panasonic will likely be around £2K. Which will be money utterly and absolutely wasted, like standing on the street corner and giving it away. For that £2K hit, you could have bought - a 75" Sony, like wot I has!

nugget2014

Jan 1, 2014
Visit site
Son_of_SJ said:
Whatever other problems Gel has, one of the most demonstrable is short-term memory loss, whereby he forgets what he himself had written within - oh, let's say, 24 hours - and can then, apparently with all sincerity, say the exact opposite thing to a previous post of his. As bigboss has just showed.

Gel said that he was thinking of buying the Panasonic 4K OLED. People told him not to do that, to wait for the 2016 LG OLEDs. Gel went ahead and bought the Panasonic OLED anyway, at a cost of around £6K. Now he is thinking of trading in the (excellent) Panasonic OLED, if the 2016 LG OLEDs are flashier and shinier. As bigboss said, the depreciation cost to the Panasonic will likely be around £2K. Which will be money utterly and absolutely wasted, like standing on the street corner and giving it away. For that £2K hit, you could have bought - a 75" Sony, like wot I has!

couldn't agree more. terrible mistake not waiting for the g6 oled..

D

Deleted member 2457

Son_of_SJ said:

Whats with all the lectures? I don't lecture you.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
nugget2014 said:
terrible mistake not waiting for the g6 oled..
Only if gel decides to sell his Panasonic for the LG G6.
The Panasonic is amazing in 2D and Blu-Ray I just want it to be equally as good in 4K and HDR. There is no way the LG will be as good in 2D and Blu-Ray so it's swings and roundabouts.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:

I think if you choose to live your life and purchases in the glare of public awareness, you must expect to take the rough comments with the smooth. Victoria Beckham has exactly the same problem when she's spending more than she has. ;-)

The only solution, if you wish to continue this helter-skelter spending path, would seem to be not to announce and endlessly discuss each purchase online, but I can't help feeling that might be rather missing the point.

D

Deleted member 2457

Also the Panasonic is completely different to the LG and is taking a little while to get used to. The Panasonic has no issues too and the new LG already has issues apparently according to other AV forums.

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:

I think if you choose to live your life and purchases in the glare of public awareness, you must expect to take the rough comments with the smooth. Victoria Beckham has exactly the same problem when she's spending more than she has. ;-)

The only solution, if you wish to continue this helter-skelter spending path, would seem to be not to announce and endlessly discuss each purchase online, but I can't help feeling that might be rather missing the point.
Its on every post though! *smile*.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
gel said:
spiny norman said:

Maybe because every post follows the same pattern, and what was once amusing – 'Oh no, what's gel bought now?' – is now getting rather concerning as people see just how bad things are.

Or possibly irritating when people are continually having their noses rubbed in how much you are spending, often apparently foolishly.

At times, it can all come over a bit

PF-loadsamoney_2177214k.jpg

D

Deleted member 2457

spiny norman said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:

Maybe because every post follows the same pattern, and what was once amusing – 'Oh no, what's gel bought now?' – is now getting rather concerning as people see just how bad things are.

Or possibly irritating when people are continually having their noses rubbed in how much you are spending, often apparently foolishly.

Point taken, although it's not like this on AVForums, you get congratuated on your purchases and they are to be celebrated.

gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:
Its on every post though!  *smile*.

?
Point taken, although it's not like this on AVForums, you get congratuated on your purchases and they are to be celebrated.  
That's because nobody on AV forums cares about your health and wellbeing.

D

Deleted member 2457

bigboss said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:
gel said:
spiny norman said:

That's because nobody on AV forums cares about your health and wellbeing.
True. Cheers!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts