Price cuts on Pioneer Kuro plasma and LCD TVs

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
Research by whathifi.com has unearthed some hefty price cuts on Pioneer's Kuro range of plasma and LCD TVs in the run-up to Christmas, with up to £500 off its 50in plasma models. More details here.

A

Anonymous

Great News , I might just have to buy one now, But im confused on what one to get :( Is the Pioneer KRP-500A that much better then 5090 ?

A

Anonymous

Mate, I am gunna make this short and sweet for you. Yes, it is noticeably better and worth paying the extra cash.

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
It's definitely a better screen, but then you'll have to worry about storing another piece of AV equipment! ÿDon't forget that it's got aÿseparateÿmedia box, even though it isn't too big.

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:Research by whathifi.com has unearthed some hefty price cuts on Pioneer's Kuro range of plasma and LCD TVs in the run-up to Christmas, with up to £500 off its 50in plasma models. More details here.

Finally convinced the wife and took the plunge "no it's not TOO BIG for the room dear"
emotion-5.gif
, ordered pioneer pdp lx5090 last week from my local dealer at £1849 with 5 years manufacturers warrenty, should get it middle Jan......gives me time to retest my wall bracket repeatedly for security to wall
emotion-2.gif

TV: Toshiba 32WLT56(pioneer pdplx5090 on order)
AMP: Sony STR-DA2400ES in silver(with hdmi fix)
SKY: SKY+ (sky hd on order)
DVD: DENON 1930 in silver
MULTIMEDIA: XBOX 360 ELITE in black
SPEAKERS: Jamo A102HCS5 in silver
SPEAKER CABLE: Fronts: QED SA XT
Rears: QED micro
HDMI: QED HDMI-SR5(amp to tv)
QED HDMI-P (xbox360 to amp)
QED HDMI-P (denon to amp)
QED scart/component (sky+ to amp)
Digital Interconnect: QED Qunex OT (sky+ to amp)

A

Anonymous

My viewing distance is exactly 3m from screen to eyeball once I adopt my very relaxed viewing position (sadly I got the wife to measure while in said position....)
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

THANKS FOR THAT,I HAVE THE SAME MINIMUM VIEWING DISTANCE AND I WAS THINKING I IS MAYBE A BIT CLOSE,WOULD YOU MIND POSTING BACK ON SITE WHEN YOU SET UP TV TO GIVE ME YOUR VIEWS AS I AM THINKING OR SAME TV,ALSO ARE YOU CONNECTING TO NORMAL SKY OR HD,THANKS.

A

Anonymous

I sit just under 3 metres away from a 50" got used to it within 2 days. I've also watched films from 6 feet without any problems.

A

Anonymous

THANKS FOR THAT,ARE YOU USEING HD BOX FOR EVERY DAY VEIWING OR STANDARD SKY OR DIGITAL,THANKS..

A

Anonymous

simoncar:THANKS FOR THAT,I HAVE THE SAME MINIMUM VIEWING DISTANCE AND I WAS THINKING I IS MAYBE A BIT CLOSE,WOULD YOU MIND POSTING BACK ON SITE WHEN YOU SET UP TV TO GIVE ME YOUR VIEWS AS I AM THINKING OR SAME TV,ALSO ARE YOU CONNECTING TO NORMAL SKY OR HD,THANKS.

Hey Hey,

Picked the Pioneer up this morning so fingers crossed should have it up and running this weekend
emotion-2.gif
, please God let it rain all weekend so I don't have to take the wife shopping
emotion-14.gif
.....and so it begins
emotion-5.gif

p.s. still no sign of my HD box from sky

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts