preamp jumpers

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
gasolin said:
nopiano said:
andyjm said:
Does no one on here see the absurdity of the suggestion that two very short (2cm?) jumpers are replaced by a length of wire?

Why not unpick all the copper tracks on the circuit board and replace those with wire while you are at it. Then there are those troublesome leads coming out of the output transistors. Lets snip them off and replace by wire as well.....

Cable is passive. All a cable can do is make the signal worse, therefore the best cable is the shortest cable. NAD's two little jumpers are ideal for the job. In the same way the shorting plates supplied with bi wirable speakers are perfect for the job and messing around with bits of wire can only make matters worse.
Yes, I do. But the question wasn't versus NAD jumpers, rather against an expensive option. I presume the originals were missing.

Gasolin, where are you?!

Denmark
A perfect European's reply to a badly phrased Englishman's question! I meant, can you kindly clarify are you looking to improve the originals, or have you lost them?

gasolin

Update, i bought this rca jumpers with van damme cable and something was wrong with the top, to much edge..... to much i wanna be noticed....... Audioquest rca jumpers changed it, now the sound is better, no edge, aggressiveness,no i wanna be noticed

gasolin said:
Update, i bought this rca jumpers with van damme cable and something was wrong with the top, to much edge..... to much i wanna be noticed....... Audioquest rca jumpers changed it, now the sound is better, no edge, aggressiveness,no i wanna be noticed
Were they the wrong way around? Seriously though, are you saying that 2 tiny bits of wire changed the tonal balance significantly?

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
nopiano said:
gasolin said:
Were they the wrong way around? Seriously though, are you saying that 2 tiny bits of wire changed the tonal balance significantly?

Where do they get these weird imagination figments from?

gasolin

nopiano said:
gasolin said:

non directional....... just sounded to edgy at the top, something definitely changed with the audioquest rca jumpers compared to the van damme jumpers.

With the audioquest cable i can play louder before sound get's edgy,intrusive in the highs, at that level it's allready to loud for normal people to listen to music for more than a few min, unless your half deaf or have speakers with ribbon tweeter that sounds extremly soft.

At this level it would only be okay if you where in the kitchen or doing laundry but not sitting close to the speakers as i do when the sound get's edgy,intrusive with the audioquest rca jumpers.

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Happy_Listener said:
Don't use any jumpers! Use some short RCA cables. The same ones you use between your amp and source. That's the best sound quailty soulution.

Nonsense.

The best cable is (generally) the shortest cable. The jumpers are ideal.

gasolin

These are the ones i use, even shorter than the van damme rca jumpers or if you would prefer it , ultra short interconnects,rca,phono cable.

It made the sound less edgy, its' still kind of edgy, but at higher levels, more than most people like to listening to music at there pc, in this area my turntable is a bit better (more analog *mosking*) my cdplayer is for the money really good, sound from my pc isn't bad, i just sometimes wouldn't mind a warmer sound (tidal hifi), most records on tidal hifi is remastered so that might sometimes have a negative effect on the sound, that i can't chose the original recordings,sound, since tidal hifi often prefers remastered records. It is how ever a good open and clear sound,just not the kind of warmth,analog sound my turntabel has.

51qSLoR29eL._SY355_.jpg

gasolin

For som strange reason the audioquest rca jumpers are just a little bright and enhances some of the s sounds with my current amp. becuase of that im using the ebay van damme jumpers , but i miss some of the openness of the audioquest jumpers, the highs are a just bit to much and just a little to much much emphasis on the s sounds

2020-11-26 22_16_16-Buy again – Google Chrome.png

gasolin

No

I have a different amp, the audioquest jumpers sounds somewhat more lively,intrusive,pronounced in the highs,and more pronounced s sounds,not perfect with my B&W 607, then i tried the van damme rca jumpers, it sounds more pleasant but it lacks some openness that the audioquest cable has.

Might sound like hot air, that's just how i experince it and wanted to have an oppinion on some tweak,different cable to get some of the openness of the audioquest cable but still have the sliglty softer highs from the van damme cable

Last edited:
No

I have a different amp, the audioquest jumpers sounds somewhat more lively,intrusive,pronounced in the highs,and more pronounced s sounds,not perfect with my B&W 607, then i tried the van damme rca jumpers, it sounds more pleasant but it lacks some openness that the audioquest cable has.

Might sound like hot air, that's just how i experince it and wanted to have an oppinion on some tweak,different cable to get some of the openness of the audioquest cable but stille have the sliglty softer highs from the van damme cable
Hope you find the right combo for you. I might suggest Chord cables but they tend to be expensive.

Reactions: gasolin

gasolin

I didn't find a short chord cable but found something else on amazon uk2020-11-29 00_31_21-Window.png

I can get the amphenol and the gotham ultra pro from amazon.de for about the same price but shipping should be a litte faster (that's my experience)

Anyone knows these cable and what the difference is ? Personally i find the prices very reasonable and it looks good to

Gotham GAC-1 Ultra Pro is the world's lowest capacity, 21pF/ft and the best shielded connection cable, does it really make a difference compared to the normal Gotham GAC-4/1

Last edited:
I didn't find a short chord cable but found something else on amazon ukView attachment 1817

I can get the amphenol and the gotham ultra pro from amazon.de for about the same price but shipping should be a litte faster (that's my experience)

Anyone knows these cable and what the difference is ? Personally i find the prices very reasonable and it looks good to

Gotham GAC-1 Ultra Pro is the world's lowest capacity, 21pF/ft and the best shielded connection cable, does it really make a difference compared to the normal Gotham GAC-4/1
Only you will know......

gasolin

nads

First picture top right.. had them for years now. after auditioning something in the shop on their set up it sounded different at home and the only difference at the time was I did not have those links just the standard NAD ones. Ordered them and that was the difference.

gasolin

so theres the all black links, the black with the golden plugs and the white one

The tara labs missing links is half the price of the audioquest rca jumpers so i might buy a pair if the one from amazon doesn't sound to good

nads

I found these for sale (the black ones) are you using the black or white ones ?

Do they sound a little bright ?

s-l1200.jpg

842_814609903.jpg
so theres the all black links, the black with the golden plugs and the white one

The tara labs missing links is half the price of the audioquest rca jumpers so i might buy a pair if the one from amazon doesn't sound to good
Like I said top picture top right. That is what I fitted.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts