Pre for audion monoblock

luca.camanni

Jun 23, 2022
Visit site
Good morning,

I own audion Golden night monoblock and i tried their pre but i ran into some problema and decide to give It back. I Also had tried a Townshend Allegri+ but the 52 db of attenuation was too Little for the amp. Is there someone Who had paired a pre to an audion amp and could give me a tip? I like neutral sound and i Don't want to change audion musicality.

Regards

Luca

Good morning,

I own audion Golden night monoblock and i tried their pre but i ran into some problema and decide to give It back. I Also had tried a Townshend Allegri+ but the 52 db of attenuation was too Little for the amp. Is there someone Who had paired a pre to an audion amp and could give me a tip? I like neutral sound and i Don't want to change audion musicality.

Regards

Luca
Not too sure what you mean by change Audion musicality when most of this actually comes from the preamp.......
What sort of budget do you have for a preamp?
What was wrong with Audions own?
What sources do you intend to attach to this preamp?
Sorry for all the questions as it may help someone suggest something as I doubt many have used it have even seen and Audion monoblock.

luca.camanni

Jun 23, 2022
Visit site
Good morning,
I have a naim ndx 2 attached to the audion. The pre i owned had problems regarding High noise and One channel didn't work even after a fix made by audion itself. I like the open sound i get from the amp. Tried a Trafomatic audio pre amp but the sound turned to a closed One. Would like to have a neutral sound with space and details. Budget Is 4000 euro or 3500 pound

Good morning,
I have a naim ndx 2 attached to the audion. The pre i owned had problems regarding High noise and One channel didn't work even after a fix made by audion itself. I like the open sound i get from the amp. Tried a Trafomatic audio pre amp but the sound turned to a closed One. Would like to have a neutral sound with space and details. Budget Is 4000 euro or 3500 pound
many people might say if you have valve monoblocks you need a valve preamp.
I would disagree with this and suggest you try to find a second hand Tom Evans Vibe preamp.

luca.camanni

Jun 23, 2022
Visit site
many people might say if you have valve monoblocks you need a valve preamp.
I would disagree with this and suggest you try to find a second hand Tom Evans Vibe preamp.
To be honest i've listened Hybrid configuration, but i like a tube preamp. I would rather add a solid state integrated as a second amp. I would check what you had proposed. Thx

Reactions: Al ears

Fahad

Jan 30, 2020
Visit site
I know quite a few happy users of PrimaLuna pre amps…although dont know anybody with your specific set of mono blocks..maybe you can audition?
I love mine and am pretty sure if i get an upgrade itch, the primaluna pre amp will be the be the last item i touch.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts