PP, Have you demoed a Naim NAIT 5i/2

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
stevebrock said:
Local dealer has one unopened, brand new cheap - its just got me thinking!

May go and have a listen!

One more piece of advice: STOP! Just enjoy your Brio-R.

I desparately want a Tucana but can't afford a second hand one at this mo.

As I've mentioned before there'll be a number of people looking at your sig and thinking: "Wished I had that set-up."

A

Anonymous

plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

As I've mentioned before there'll be a number of people looking at your sig and thinking: "Wished I had that set-up."

Big +1

matthewpiano

Like you Steve, I'd love an Elicit-R. However, it is a huge investment and not one I could afford in the forseeable future (ie. short to medium term). I can fully understand your Wife's position.

For me, a Nait 5i would be a big purchase and one I'd make with a long-term 'keep' in mind. Part of the attraction (apart from the excellent sound) is the unburstable build quality and the fact that Naim kit is serviceable and repairable long into its life.

However, I may still end up with the Brio-R and, having heard it several times, I suspect I would enjoy it for a long time.

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:

As I posted in a separate thread I went to my dealer today to see if he had an Elicit. Still not, so I ended up going home 'empty handed'. Stopped at the record store, and bought the new QOTSA and Sigur Ros on vinyl. And when I put them on I remembered that this hobby is about the music. At least for me. So yeah. You can buy a *lot* of vinyl for the price of a new amp :D

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Am i being told off!

Yeah I know you are all right!

To be honest my RS3s are just starting to sound really good too and if I am honest pretty happy with my system at the min!

Anyway - Floyd has very kindly lent me a Dynavector 10x5 to try out so will fit it tomorrow!

stevebrock said:
Am i being told off!

To be honest my RS3s are just starting to sound really good too and if I am honest pretty happy with my system at the min!

Anyway - Floyd has very kindly lent me a Dynavector 10x5 to try out so will fit it tomorrow!

Most definitely. take the wife out for great slap-up meal and book a holiday and surprise her.

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Am i being told off!

Most definitely. take the wife out for great slap-up meal and book a holiday and surprise her.

Not being told off, believe me it's the voice of reason that sits at the back of your mind. You know it speaks the truth but you just can't help yourself.........I'm still there and I rely on my wife to be the back up to that voice of reason, it doesn't always work but I'm better than I was. :grin:

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
:twisted: If you look at the website of a certain dealer in Derby he has a very tempting price on his ex-dem Nait 5i. If I had the money right now I'd be on to that without hesitation.

stop it

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
matthewpiano said:
:twisted: If you look at the website of a certain dealer in Derby he has a very tempting price on his ex-dem Nait 5i. If I had the money right now I'd be on to that without hesitation.

Not bad!...........no, no , little voice, little voice...... :wall:

nait xs......now we're talking ;)

stevebrock

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
matthewpiano said:

Wonder if it is the Nait 5 italic?

mitch65

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
stevebrock said:
matthewpiano said:

Wonder if it is the Nait 5 italic?

You'd hope so if it's a current demo..........got to be worth a call to find out, I agree with Matthew, it's a damn good price especially if you get the full warranty :)

iQ Speakers

Feb 24, 2013
Visit site
mitch65 said:
plastic penguin said:
stevebrock said:
Am i being told off!

Not being told off, believe me it's the voice of reason that sits at the back of your mind. You know it speaks the truth but you just can't help yourself.........I'm still there and I rely on my wife to be the back up to that voice of reason, it doesn't always work but I'm better than I was. :grin:

The voice of reason you're so right I had this for 9ish months before I got my Leema and DB1i. Mines a year old from eBay seller who happened to live 2 mins from me, there was another one on eBay recently for £650 starting bid did not sell for about 5 relists I still have the user name if you want to contact him.

Steve I really think you should get the Rega! Looks fantastic and this is part of what this hobby is about, you did sell your bike!

empacher

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
mitch65 said:
matthewpiano said:

Not bad!...........no, no , little voice, little voice...... :wall:

nait xs......now we're talking ;)

Ya the xs would be the real step up. if you really like it, wait until the xs2 hits the market and hold out for a good deal on an original xs.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
BigH said:
Its a good price but the Naim XS is only £900.

:rofl:

You gotta luv forums........Carpe Diem!
evil.png

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts