Power Conditioners?

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
How many of you plug your equipment stright into the wall?

It's interesting, over here in the USA there is more interest in products called "power conditioners". The UK seems more focused on power cords. Of course we have different voltages at the wall so maybe that's the reason. A power conditioner is more appealing to me than upgrading power cords simply because I find the goal more reasonable. A power conditioner is suppose to remove noise from the line and possibly provide more stable and ready current to your components. All a power cord can do at best is pass the electricity unaltered.

Thoughts?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Wait for it!......
emotion-2.gif

scene

I have my kit (in the UK) plugged into a Belkin PF50 (which might be sold in the US as a PF60, I'm not sure) - I've found it has improved the stability of my TV picture, and has reduced the number of annoying pops and clicks I was getting when the fridges/freezers/central heating/etc. cuts in (or out). It has a very heavy duty cable to plug it in with, various programming options, surge protection as well for coax and telephone.

There have been several long and convoluted threads on the relative merits of the PF30, PF40 and PF50.

I'm sure I'm supposed to have written a mini review of my PF50 - just can't find it
emotion-10.gif

TRENDING THREADS