Power cable

Page 32 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
shadders said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
i just brought some cheap clip-on ferrite rings of amazon for £5.65p for 10 so will see what happens if anything its wouth a try its cheap to do
Hi,

Try putting a magnet on each ring to see if that makes a difference. This would be as close to the cable manufacturers design as you can get without the £1,000 costs. The tubes that the cable company used are much longer.

Regards,

Shadders.
i am using audioquest soild core rocket 33 speaker cables do i put a ring on each end of the speaker cable so amp end and then speaker end . then each of the power cables amp,cdplayer and then the XLRs ?

shadders

Blacksabbath25 said:
shadders said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
i just brought some cheap clip-on ferrite rings of amazon for £5.65p for 10 so will see what happens if anything its wouth a try its cheap to do
Hi,

Try putting a magnet on each ring to see if that makes a difference. This would be as close to the cable manufacturers design as you can get without the £1,000 costs. The tubes that the cable company used are much longer.

Regards,

Shadders.
i am using audioquest soild core rocket 33 speaker cables do i put a ring on each end of the speaker cable so amp end and then speaker end . then each of the power cables amp,cdplayer and then the XLRs ?
Hi,

From the videos, they are indicating that the cable is passing through a magnetic field whose flux is in parallel to the cable length. So to replicate this in part, is to place the cable in a ferrous tube and stick a magnet on it. Ferrites are ferrous, but not magnetised (in general), so you need to stick a magnet on it. Ferrites alone will only add inductance to the cable.

Regards,

Shadders.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
shadders said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
shadders said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.
Hi,

From the videos, they are indicating that the cable is passing through a magnetic field whose flux is in parallel to the cable length. So to replicate this in part, is to place the cable in a ferrous tube and stick a magnet on it. Ferrites are ferrous, but not magnetised (in general), so you need to stick a magnet on it. Ferrites alone will only add inductance to the cable.

Regards,

Shadders.
going by a video that i watched about RCAs by the same chap who makes theses cables he uses magnets on each end of the plugs too but theses are bulit into the plugs so i would of thought he has done the same to speaker cables too .

but with the speaker cables he is using the ferrous tube box in the middle of the cables as well and his own power leads with magnets built into this as well . this video shows the RCAs and were the magnets are used https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M1o-YW2s2A&app=desktop

shadders

Blacksabbath25 said:
shadders said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
shadders said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.
Hi,

Regards,

Shadders.
going by a video that i watched about RCAs by the same chap who makes theses cables he uses magnets on each end of the plugs too but theses are bulit into the plugs so i would of thought he has done the same to speaker cables too .

but with the speaker cables he is using the ferrous tube box in the middle of the cables as well and his own power leads with magnets built into this as well .
Hi,

Not sure about magnets on connectors, they may have an effect depending on how they are orientated. On power cables, ferrites are used to reduce RF.

Regards,

Shadders.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
So......are we saying Power Cables can improve the sound, then?

of-a-puzzled-cartoon-man-standing-with-a-confused-facial-expression-qpyWGz-clipart.jpg

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
not 100% sure to be honest i would have to order the clear audio mains cables to really find out for sure on a trial but i do not think its worth it .the cables are well put togeather but even buying the cheaper mains cables from clear audio its not much of a change in sound to spend that kind of money to honest about it .

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
shadders said:
CnoEvil said:
Hi,

No, just that ferrites are used to reduce RF. USB cables have them sometimes, if they are attached to a device.

Regards,

Shadders.

We are heading towards 800 posts.....Ferrites are a fairly recent tangential topic....but I'm glad the question has been sorted.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
CnoEvil said:
not 100% sure to be honest i would have to order the clear audio mains cables to really find out for sure on a trial but i do not think its worth it .the cables are well put togeather but even buying the cheaper mains cables from clear audio its not much of a change in sound to spend that kind of money to honest about it .

Good for you.....and don't forget to start a cable thread with your findings....and I'll pencil out enough time in my busy schedule to prepare for it. *biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
chebby said:
127 new updates when I refreshed the 'active topics' this morning..

This thread is now impossible to keep up with for a normal, working person with a family life.

You can skip 99 of them Cheby - just read my posts - all waffle from Shadders and Vlad ;)

I merely troll sir. You two get tangled up in who is right and gets the final word.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
chebby said:
127 new updates when I refreshed the 'active topics' this morning..

This thread is now impossible to keep up with for a normal, working person with a family life.

You can skip 99 of them Cheby - just read my posts - all waffle from Shadders and Vlad ;)

I merely troll sir. You two get tangled up in who is right and gets the final word.

Corr there is no banter in the hifi community either - no wonder no real men are into hifi

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
CnoEvil said:

Good for you.....and don't forget to start a cable thread with your findings....and I'll pencil out enough time in my busy schedule to prepare for it. *biggrin*
there no need to be sarcastic about it I am not the only person talking on this thread *stop*

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
there no need to be sarcastic about it I am not the only person talking on this thread *stop*

It wasn't meant to be getting at you in any way....subtle nuances often get lost on forums.

I was really commenting on the fact that whatever you found and enthusiastically posted about, would turn into 800 pages of "Bickering and Bollocks". I've been there many times and got thr T-Shirt.

FWIW. I have always encouraged people to trying it for themselves....so no sarcasm.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

It wasn't meant to be getting at you in any way....subtle nuances often get lost on forums.

I was really commenting on the fact that whatever you found and enthusiastically posted about, would turn into 800 pages of "Bickering and Bollocks". I've been there many times and got thr T-Shirt.
yes I do agree with you it has been long winded I can only hold my hand up to about 20 of the posts . No one ever going to agree on cables so it is a pointless waste of time just a shame theses companies do not give us all the proof it's a case of suck it and see .

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Blacksabbath25 said:

I was really commenting on the fact that whatever you found and enthusiastically posted about, would turn into 800 pages of "Bickering and Bollocks". I've been there many times and got thr Troll-Shirt.

FWIW. I have always encouraged people to trying it for themselves....so no sarcasm.

You have your entertaining moments, *diablo* have to admit.

shadders

ellisdj said:
were not done yet, I have some more info coming soon.
Hi,

The science states that the cables do not sound different, and there are so many issues with the videos provided so far. Despite the provision of the information, investigation, presentation of the true material costs of multiple thousand £'s per metre cables, from nearly every approach possible, you do not accept the information provided, or the correct logic described.

Finally, James Randi is willing to pay $1,000,000 if anyone can prove through DBT that they can determine the difference in cables.

That is a lot of money for what is claimed to be easily discernable differences from people - yet no one wants this $1,000,000.

I see no point in any further provision of cable videos, as they are only sales/marketing promotions, and no scientific claims are ever made with proof being published.

So, it is a pointless argument/discussion - all there is, are claims that cables sound different - that is all they are, claims.

Regards,

Shadders.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts