Power cable

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Dog-with-Wings-Painting--29421.jpg

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
In Audioquest if one of the engineers that design the cables comes up to the bosses and explains to them in great detail how he will utilize quantum physics and 40 years of insider knowledge from military and space avionics to build the best possible electrical conductance through wire exactly 14.75 times faster than the speed of light, what do you think happens next?

He gets transfered to the marketing department and gets paid above minimum wage for the first time.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:

In Audioquest if one of the engineers that design the cables comes up to the bosses and explains to them in great detail how he will utilize quantum physics and 40 years of insider knowledge from military and space avion to build the best possible electrical conductance through wire exactly 14.75 times faster than the speed of light, what do you think happens next?

He gets transfered to the marketing department and gets paid above minimum wage for the first time.

He gets promoted from the forest to the palace.

Dont you just love it when they use the terms military grade and space grade avionics.

To plug in an amp

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
In Audioquest if one of the engineers that design the cables comes up to the bosses and explains to them in great detail how he will utilize quantum physics and 40 years of insider knowledge from military and space avion to build the best possible electrical conductance through wire exactly 14.75 times faster than the speed of light, what do you think happens next?

He gets promoted from the forest to the palace.

Dont you just love it when they use the terms military grade and space grade avionics.

To plug in an amp

Audioquest call their User Manual "Preflight Data".

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Audioquest has been in business 37 years and distribute in 65 countries

I couldn't find their turnover but I bet its big.

Obviously doing something right

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:

I like what AudioQuest does, have done since the early 90s, hence, they reside in my system. I chose them by using my ears too. Believe it or not.

shadders

ellisdj said:

Hi,

Is it possible that they are preying on the gullible ?.

This is a serious question - does anyone who believes that mains cables make a difference actually question what they are hearing ?

Has anyone who believes that mains cables make a difference to the sound, felt obliged to hear a difference because someone else obviously can ?

Does anyone question this or other aspects ?.

The reason for asking this is because once you know the engineering aspects, and are aware of expectation bias etc., then you are automatically prompted to question anything that is known to be impossible.

If anyone who believes has no engineering knowledge - then ok, but then at least examine expectation bias etc., and start to think of alternatives of why you hear a difference.

Regards,

Shadders.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Lots of companies send wires and cables to what hifi for review which get 5*.there not trying to hide anything.you are all in the what hifi forum yet you think that all the reviewers are mad.i would happily take any blind test on my system in fact i have already done a blind test on speaker wire at my local dealers and got 5 out of 5. There's lots of intelligent people on the forum here who know so much about hifi.much more than IL ever know but when wires are mentioned it's just a joke (don't get me wrong i like a joke)but come on open your ears and listen.i don't know if cables make a difference in other people's systems but in mine makes all the difference.

shadders

seemorebtts said:
Lots of companies send wires and cables to what hifi for review which get 5*.there not trying to hide anything.you are all in the what hifi forum yet you think that all the reviewers are mad.i would happily take any blind test on my system in fact i have already done a blind test on speaker wire at my local dealers and got 5 out of 5. There's lots of intelligent people on the forum here who know so much about hifi.much more than IL ever know but when wires are mentioned it's just a joke (don't get me wrong i like a joke)but come on open your ears and listen.i don't know if cables make a difference in other people's systems but in mine makes all the difference.
Hi,

For me, i have tried to hear a difference between cables - and could not - that is speaker cables and interconnects. I also understand the engineering aspects too.

Regards,

Shadders.

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
davidf said:
ellisdj said:

I like what AudioQuest does, have done since the early 90s, hence, they reside in my system. I chose them by using my ears too. Believe it or not.

I very much like their accessories like: usb noise stopper caps, xlr input and output noise stopper caps or AQ silver solder.. AudioQuest states: The only thing better sounding then no solder is AudioQuest Solder. AQ Solder is made from a “secret sauce” by audio elves in the outer reaches of the Oregon coast. If you must solder a connection choose the AQ solder for the most unobtrusive sounding connection

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Audioquest are available in Many dealers across 65 countries

This allows many people from all walks of like access to go listen and try their products before buying.

They dont have dedicated sales people in all those dealers so in terms of preying on anyone its actually the opposite.

You can easily try our wares and buy if you like. Noone is being preyed on.

I bet all 65 countries have internet access so anyone can look up any information they see fit regarding their and all cables.

So everyone has access to the full information yet they are selling across many dealers in 65 countries. Says it all really

Edit - they are so successful that that dodgy copied are made and sold similar to raybans and gucci watches by the looky looky men

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
davidf said:
Vladimir said:
I own Audioquest too. I chose with my finger, pointing at the spool.

Have you come back to this forum to just take the piss?

I own the Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable. It sounds for lack of a better word angelic.

What does that have to do with my urine? *unknw*

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
davidf said:
Vladimir said:

I own the Audioquest Type 4 speaker cable. It sounds for lack of a better word angelic.

I love the 'new improved' Vladimir, much better than the old one.

Perhaps you can coment on your 'upgrade'?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
davedotco said:

I haven't made any upgrades in quite some time - my Classé Sigma SSP was my last one. I've downgraded bits and bobs since then to partially fund the business.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
davedotco said:
Vladimir said:
davidf said:
Vladimir said:

Boredom. Simply boredom.

seemorebtts

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
shadders said:
seemorebtts said:
Hi,

For me, i have tried to hear a difference between cables - and could not - that is speaker cables and interconnects. I also understand the engineering aspects too. 

Regards,

Shadders. 
i could only hear slight differences in interconnects from £50 to £200 but when i heard my Clearer audio optimus reference interconnect it was a massive jump in quality.they are £800 which is alot of money as I'm not rich but i think it was worth it.my power cables are also Clearer audio optimus reference which are £1100 each.i manage to get some off cuts a bit cheaper but quite short.again after listening to the hole range Clearer audio had i found these amazing.dont get me wrong you are better off spending this money on Electronics but my system is sounding really good at the moment I'm still upgrading at the moment using isolation feet that my local dealer lent me.im just trying to get the most out of what i have and learning on the way how this crazy hifi works.iv worked for a few hifi companies as i live in Cambridgeshire and learnt alot but cables and wires have always intrigued me

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
I hear a big difference between audioquest rocket 33 solid core to my old speaker cable which was atlas speaker cable at £14.00 a meter the audioquest is a much better cable .

i did not have much luck with audioquest XLRs cable when I tried so sent the cable back and kept my old XLRs cable .

i am sorry but I am not a believer in regards of very expensive mains leads or mains conditioners I think the mains cable you get with you amplifier does the job as it's meant to do a electricity is electricity what ever lead you use .

TRENDING THREADS