Power cable help needed!

dtugarte

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I want to upgrade the standard power cables on my system but am having difficulty deciding which to go for and would like some suggestions. I have been looking at Clearer Audio and according the reviews on this site they do some good cables please give feedback on how you think they are if you have any. The cables are to be used on a tacima cs929 (dont have yet but will soon) although the amp my be connected directly to the wall. I want to spend as little as I can get away with really and would hope to spend around £50 ish per cable although would go up to £100 for the amp. Heres what they will be used on:

TV: Sony KDL-40EX703 (Requires figure-of-8 connector)

Sky+HD (Requires figure-of-8 connector)

Blu-Ray Player : Sony BDP-S360 (Requires figure-of-8 connector)

Amplifier: Cambridge Audio Azur 550A (Standard IEC connector)

idc

There is the alternate view that power cables make no difference. Blind testing of power cables has found no consistency between claims of improved performance and actually audible differences.

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
idc:There is the alternate view that power cables make no difference. Blind testing of power cables has found no consistency between claims of improved performance and actually audible differences.

Of course, on the other side, many have found them to make an audible difference.......

After blind testing the following cable's on my system, at home, I have found that the more you spend then bigger the effect (no surprise there, then!)

I have tried:

Clearer Audio cable £35

Chord superscreen Cable £65

Chord powerchords £130....

I have a Mark Grant mains fig 8 just come through, which I will be testing later today.......it was £40.

Some of these prices are quite expensive, but I didn't pay anything near the RRP for the two Chord cables.......best to wait and keep looking for bargains on ebay!!

Pistol Pete1

Jan 27, 2008
Visit site
Ok.....done test with Mark Grant fig 8 cable connected up to my Pioneer stereo amp and one metre extention lead from wall socket.....

Definitely better than the 'bog standard' cable.......

The Mark Grant one brings the whole thing to life, and adds sharpness and a little more bass punch. Going back to the standard cable makes Norah Jones sound a little muffled, in comparsion.

Plug the Mark Grant cable into a tacima CS929 and the muddled sound re appears.

Plugging it into wall socket directly gives the best performance, and adds improved dynamics, separation and clarity to the vocals.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts