Possible upgrade within three hours

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
As above...........................will post later. Have a guess, just for fun...... (Torres09 no spoilers!!)

AV kit is the only clue and no not 3d

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
emotion-2.gif

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
On Friday my Denon 1909 and panasonic BD35 will be on ebay, being replaced by...............

An ex dem Denon 2310

and

a Panasonic BDP 85

Cant wait!!!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Will do :).

Proposed Fridays schedule : Pack kids to school and wife to work. Pick up kit.

Watch opening section of Batman the Dark night

Change Blu ray player

Repeat same BR watching

Finally change reciever and re-watch

Almost a perfect morning off :)

Torres09

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:

Change Blu ray player

Repeat same BR watching

I'd add, I am Legend (Opening Scene); Training Day and for good measure LOTR-The Two Towers DVD
emotion-4.gif

A

Anonymous

check out chapter 13 in the latest star trek blu-ray , when spocks ship goes to warp speed , amazing sound effects ..

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:

Change Blu ray player

Repeat same BR watching

Right, slight change to the above, picking up tomorrow!! Will still watch test piece, then

1. Change Reciever - have a good listen to all sources

2. Eventually go to sleep with a big grin on my face (hopefully)

3. Wake up like its XMAS and change the blu ray player

4. List old items on ebay

5. Watch blu rays on my day off now (not half day anymore :)), with no interruptions as house empty

Bliss

A

Anonymous

True Blue:
On Friday my Denon 1909 and panasonic BD35 will be on ebay, being replaced by...............

An ex dem Denon 2310

and

a Panasonic BDP 85

Cant wait!!!

You will not see much of an improvement in picture quality from the bd35 to the 85 - with that Denon 2310, you should have got yourself a Denon 2500BT blu-ray player - that will be a big jump.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Maybe not, but the Denon is not profile 2 and takes an age to load. I bought the BD 85 for the wireless and the improved clocking on the HDMI sound (plus I had budgeted £800 for the reciever and managed to get it for £550) :)

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Picked up yesterday :)

Yesterday night I watched the opening scenes of Batman the Dark Night, then changed the Blu Ray player.

First impressions of the BD85, much,much faster boot up times, wireless connection a doddle to set up (even though it is via a USB dongle). Remote control also has the facility to control the receiver remote, so thats a nice added bonus.

Sat down to watch the first scene again with a view of then changing the receiver, however I ended up watching the WHOLE film again, it was like I was watching a new film. Clear clear clear is all I was thinking. The audio was crystal and as for the visual I cannot believe how much more detail I was noticing (on a film I know backwards). Motion handling is also superb and the fast panning shots are handled with ease...........very worthwhile upgrade.

This morning I plugged in the Denon and set it up. The first thing I noticed was the improved GUI, having the ability to control all the settings, video / audio etc etc whilst the disc is playing is excellent. The Audessey gave a really accurate measurement and set up for my room, however it did set all the volumes very low, swo, having adjusted these manually I found the next nice bit. You can now turn the display OFF and it only comes on when a remote button is pressed.

Drive, clarity and punch are in a completely different class to the 1909. The 1909 is very good in its own right but I am amazed at the difference this receiver has made. Its almost like I have a new set of speakers. The KEFS really are singing now!!

Anyway plenty and plenty more watching and listening to do across the weekend. Very very happy

sta99y

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi I love the way you get excited at new kit! Reminds me of myself! Wife at work kids at school etc.... Place to yourself and crank it up lol. Glad your pleased with your purchases, in mid July I will be getting same BDplayer and I only have my old DVD pioneer to compare with, it's going to be connected via the multichannel to my Yamaha rxv2400 av amp so I'm expecting quite a jump in pic and audio as well, just a shame I cannot afford a hdmi amp! But I'm sure il be pleased with what il have,. Enjoy your viewing!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
PS just ashout out to Pistol Pete,thanks for your glowing reviews of the 2310. Wish I had taken the plunge before now..

Happy, happy, happy (for this year at least), now onto buying films!!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
True Blue:Drive, clarity and punch are in a completely different class to the 1909. The 1909 is very good in its own right but I am amazed at the difference this receiver has made. Its almost like I have a new set of speakers. The KEFS really are singing now!!

Which just goes to show what I've been saying for a long time - the 3005's will work fine with the £400/500 AV receivers around, but stick them on a better amp or receiver and they'll reward you - even with amps up to around £1,500, it's surprising how much better they get.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday wekend with your new system - I wish my new amp had turned up for this weekend!

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
True Blue:Drive, clarity and punch are in a completely different class to the 1909. The 1909 is very good in its own right but I am amazed at the difference this receiver has made. Its almost like I have a new set of speakers. The KEFS really are singing now!!

Which just goes to show what I've been saying for a long time - the 3005's will work fine with the £400/500 AV receivers around, but stick them on a better amp or receiver and they'll reward you - even with amps up to around £1,500, it's surprising how much better they get.

Enjoy the Bank Holiday wekend with your new system - I wish my new amp had turned up for this weekend!

Please dont tempt me anymore, I knew when I bought the 3005SE's that they would be the mainstay in the system. Still think I have got what I need (for now). The differences are not subtle though thats what has got me. Denon's sound like Denon's. Kefs sound like Kefs, but my God, the dynamic range, drive and detail are out of this World.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts