Possible new in ear recommendations?

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi there I am looking for some possible suggestions for an in ear headphone upgrade.

I have recently purchased a new Astell & Kern A300 DAP and it has amazed me how much it sounds better than my Sony NWA15, which i have owned and loved for a couple of years now. So of course this has got me thinking if I spend a similar amiunt of cash on an in ear i could get a similar step up in sound quality.

I currently use the VModa Forza Metallo and didnt realise hiw good they could sound until the AK300 was paired with the. Great detail and clarity with a fantatic bass. Sorry I am not that good at describing how things sound. What I do know is how much better they sound and I wasnt expecting such a step up.

Not sure about a budget maximum but I could possibly stretch to £1K if needed, but guess i was hoping to spend a similar amount to the DAP at £750. Its difficult to try in eare before you buy so looking for some help narrow things down.

I am considering brands like Sennheiser, Grado, Westone, Shure and Astell & Kern Angie. Would not really benefit from wireless so wired is fine.

I have the Hifiman HE1000 for my home set up so that may give an indication of the type of sound I like.

Any help or suggestions would be much apprecaited

dalethorn

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Womaz said:
Hi there I am looking for some possible suggestions for an in ear headphone upgrade.

I have recently purchased a new Astell & Kern A300 DAP and it has amazed me how much it sounds better than my Sony NWA15, which i have owned and loved for a couple of years now. So of course this has got me thinking if I spend a similar amiunt of cash on an in ear i could get a similar step up in sound quality.

I currently use the VModa Forza Metallo and didnt realise hiw good they could sound until the AK300 was paired with the. Great detail and clarity with a fantatic bass. Sorry I am not that good at describing how things sound. What I do know is how much better they sound and I wasnt expecting such a step up.

Not sure about a budget maximum but I could possibly stretch to £1K if needed, but guess i was hoping to spend a similar amount to the DAP at £750. Its difficult to try in eare before you buy so looking for some help narrow things down.

I am considering brands like Sennheiser, Grado, Westone, Shure and Astell & Kern Angie. Would not really benefit from wireless so wired is fine.

I have the Hifiman HE1000 for my home set up so that may give an indication of the type of sound I like.

Any help or suggestions would be much apprecaited

Given your experience, tastes, and the high quality amplification you have, you should research IEMs from a site who know the best of them very well, and who (unlike headfi) get down to business without hundreds of pages of "chat". Try Headfonia dot com and click on headphones, in-ears.

rich51080

Jul 24, 2007
Visit site
I use Westone W80s but they are £1200.

Check out the W60 which is in your budget.

Westone sound signature is amazing and the fit is so comfortable.

Also check out head-fi.org

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, Westone is one of the brands I am considering.

I now have a shirtlist

Fidue Sirius

JH Audio Rosie or Angie

Westone W60 or W80

Shure se 846

Womaz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
Well buy some coincidence (my clumsiness actually ) my VModas broke so i had to act quickly and I have managed to pick up a second hand pair of JH Audio Rosies.

Thanks to all those who posted

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts