Ma$ta Ace

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
Hi, I have recently updated my sound system for my desktop HIFI speakers
current configuration:
Speakers: B&W 601 S2
Amp: Naim Nait 5
DAC: M-DAC+
I don't have the largest room, give or take 3mX3m so i need to be careful about placement. For 90% of usage i will be sitting in my desk chair so speakers on desk (probably...) is essential.
As shown in pictures my second monitor is above both DAC and amp even the slightest jolt would knock it off which will not be permanently workable
I have just received my DAC which is quite large (in perspective), as you can see. I have shelves above my desk but i have read online that it is not good to leave equipment on non-dense elevated shelving, I am aware that you shouldn't really stack them but for now, i don't really have an alternative solution.
If i were to put amp and DAC on the shelves, the Naim is too wide to fit into the shelves so would have to go on the top, but i have a remote so would not be too problematic, will the fact that its positioned to the right of the speakers cause an issue?
How would you suggest i place them to best utilise the space i have?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
I am quite new to audiophilia so excuse my newbie statements if there are any!
Thanks again IMG_6289.JPGIMG_6287.JPGIMG_6285.JPG

Tinman1952

Hi. Firstly I would suggest consider making or buying a raised monitor shelf for your two displays with sufficient space beneath for your amp and DAC. It is a bit precarious at present!
Something like these perhaps....(check out Ikea...)

D21CC6CA-3AF3-4C22-8604-9538D979C8A0.png8EC76E25-3DE5-4347-B086-F1990984CE09.png

Secondly you need to raise the speakers off the desk....either on little stands or with rubber feet/ foam isolation pads. At the moment your desk top is playing along with the speakers....
Lastly having the right speaker in a corner like that is a bit of a 'no no'....but I understand we all have to make the best of the space we have...

doifeellucky

I got some Kanto 32” stands for my office setup and moving the speakers off the desk, depending on what is left of your desk, should improve the sound and give you more space to work with. Alternatively IsoAcoustics stands seem to be well regarded.

Reactions: Ma$ta Ace

Ma$ta Ace

Apr 26, 2022
Visit site
I got some Kanto 32” stands for my office setup and moving the speakers off the desk, depending on what is left of your desk, should improve the sound and give you more space to work with. Alternatively IsoAcoustics stands seem to be well regarded.
thats my bed so unable to move unfortunately

Vincent Kars

Get something simple as a pad to tilt them a little. Just have the acoustical axis pointed at your ears

D

Deleted member 160668

Hi, I have recently updated my sound system for my desktop HIFI speakers
current configuration:
Speakers: B&W 601 S2
Amp: Naim Nait 5
DAC: M-DAC+
I don't have the largest room, give or take 3mX3m so i need to be careful about placement. For 90% of usage i will be sitting in my desk chair so speakers on desk (probably...) is essential.
As shown in pictures my second monitor is above both DAC and amp even the slightest jolt would knock it off which will not be permanently workable
I have just received my DAC which is quite large (in perspective), as you can see. I have shelves above my desk but i have read online that it is not good to leave equipment on non-dense elevated shelving, I am aware that you shouldn't really stack them but for now, i don't really have an alternative solution.
If i were to put amp and DAC on the shelves, the Naim is too wide to fit into the shelves so would have to go on the top, but i have a remote so would not be too problematic, will the fact that its positioned to the right of the speakers cause an issue?
How would you suggest i place them to best utilise the space i have?
Any and all advice is greatly appreciated, thank you in advance
I am quite new to audiophilia so excuse my newbie statements if there are any!
Thanks again View attachment 3494View attachment 3495View attachment 3496
Firstly, I will congratulate you upon your exquisite taste in music! A hi-five to you! Ace is literally my most favourite rapper. Sweet.

As for the suggestions. Get them speakers off the desk, the pads above are quite good. These can also be branded as Auralex MoPads. Whilst I've not myself tried the IsoAcoustics solution, I'd expect this to be better as they do make some great isolation kit.

Last edited by a moderator:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts