Poor Russ Andrews

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
K

keeper of the quays

spiny norman said:
Another thread springs from the grave at the hands of the resurrectionists, after a mere five years beneath the sod.
if people new to forum want to resurrect old posts I can only assume as it's of interest to them? So what! I can't be bothered to trawl through old posts..if somebody regurgitates one! Lol..im not moaning..might be interesting? Or might be a big yawn!

K

keeper of the quays

I'm beginning to feel sorry for Russ, he certainly gets a pounding here..he sells expectation bias..bit like hifi fuses..you buy a cable for £1000 your gonna expect a result! And if someone wants to buy expectation...its up to them! They allowed to spend their money where they choose..he used to send me a magazine..dont get it anymore? Perhaps hard times have arrived? Before we harangue we may want to pause and think a 'ill wind blows?' Like us lot..he is also a hifi fan.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
keeper of the quays said:
I'm beginning to feel sorry for Russ, he certainly gets a pounding here..he sells expectation bias..bit like hifi fuses..you buy a cable for £1000 your gonna expect a result! And if someone wants to buy expectation...its up to them! They allowed to spend their money where they choose..he used to send me a magazine..dont get it anymore? Perhaps hard times have arrived? Before we harangue we may want to pause and think a 'ill wind blows?' Like us lot..he is also a hifi fan.

Perhaps I'm harsh but I just completely fail to feel any compassion. Like all the 19th century charlatans that came before him selling baldness cures to the ignorant or to the just plain stupid, I've no sympathy when they get found out or when their bubble bursts. People have a right to spend their money how they choose, but they also have a right to do so in the knowledge that the product they're buying does what it claims to do and is 'fit for purpose', without them having to decide for themselves. Quite rightly we have a set of trading standards that theoretically protect the consumer and pevent manufacturers and retailers from deceiving consumers and making false or dubious claims about their products' abilities and pretentions. But it's very possible to phrase your publicity material and adverising in a way that skirts the limits of the law without blatantly overstepping the line. People like Russ have a diploma in it. Witness for example the absolute genius of the DDE-1. Two years to develop and yours for £3,130, but nothing whatsoever on the website to tell you what it does, other than it has a light on it. Because if they did make any claims about it, they'd get shot. Pure genius.

K

keeper of the quays

I hope the gullible and stupid are grateful that your fighting their corner for them..theres a awful lot of them out there! Good luck with that! But if someone wants to buy that dde 1 that's up to them..im quite sure to their ears it's revelatory! And if it makes the purchaser happy? Who are we to gainsay it? I happen to think some the products he sells are outlandish! Lol..but would the hifi world be poorer place without Russ Andrews in it? I think so...

I hope the gullible and stupid are grateful that your fighting their corner for them..theres a awful lot of them out there! Good luck with that! But if someone wants to buy that dde 1 that's up to them..im quite sure to their ears it's revelatory! And if it makes the purchaser happy? Who are we to gainsay it? I happen to think some the products he sells are outlandish! Lol..but would the hifi world be poorer place without Russ Andrews in it? I think so...
There's nothing wrong with selling whatever you want, just don't put false claims of performance.

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

MajorFubar said:
nothing any of us type here will change their minds, it's all just words. In fact the more you tell them it cannot be, the more they'll dismiss you.

Very true.

MajorFubar

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope the gullible and stupid are grateful that your fighting their corner for them..theres a awful lot of them out there! Good luck with that!
Unlike the 19th century people I was referring to, people who buy into the products from the likes of Russ Andrews et al are not so much gullible and stupid, but what they don't have (and amazingly, often don't want to have) is a sound enough understanding of why such hocus pocus can't work. But nothing any of us type here will change their minds, it's all just words. In fact the more you tell them it cannot be, the more they'll dismiss you.

Amazingly what they often completely fail to do is extrapolate what they think is happening in their small-scale microcosm into the big picture and realise what the knock-on effect would be if there was any truth in it.

K

keeper of the quays

I'm amazed to see he has sold 55000 powerkords! Hells teeth! Is there anyone here who owns one? And if so? Was it worth the purchase price? I bought some stuff called relees and reveel? Wipe it on cds..they tell me it improves the sound? I thought t cut as effective or just giving top of cd wipe with damp cloth! Gets rid of static!

B

BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW

I'm amazed to see he has sold 55000 powerkords! Hells teeth! Is there anyone here who owns one?

I'd have a guess at EllisDJ.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
BIGBERNARDBRESSLAW said:
I'm amazed to see he has sold 55000 powerkords! Hells teeth! Is there anyone here who owns one?

I'd have a guess at EllisDJ.

LOL just seen this.- good shout BBB.

RA are not for me, although the expensive ones (not super expensive) he sells are appealing in their spec but too pricey for me - XLO are my preferred choice - best in the World, sadly no longer around in the UK so one has to keep an eye out for genuine used ones for sale.

Or I would just make my own, all my DIY projects have been pretty good so far

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts