Question PMC twenty5 24 - speaker cables & matching amp

PaulShaw01

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi all

I have just bought a pair of PMC twenty5 24s upgraded from a pair Dali Ikon 6s.....they are matched with a Moon 240i amp, Cambridge audio 851N streamer, Rega Planar 3, and Roksan Kandy K2 CD.

Still running the speakers in, but really like them. I'm hearing more detail in the music and the bass is really crisp. It's great!!!

I'm thought that this purchase would curb my enthusiam for upgrading further, but it's just done the opposite!! I'm starting to investigate options to improve the overall system for hifi.

Keen to hear your thoughts, on any component that could further enhance my listening experience.

Paul

Esra

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Instead of the Moon 240i an Cambridge 851 W amp could be a nicer experience using your 851N as a pre since it has the better dac and pre and if you are ok to connect your Rega with a AD phono preamp to the 851N.

Other than that you can enhance your experience with active or passive room correction or opt for better speakers.

Thanks both..........i have the elys cartridge on the rega.

I'll have a look at the 851W as an option here.......not keen to swap the speakers tho as I just bought them, and they cost $7k ;)
Can understand wanting to keep speakers although I would suggest you might look at upgrading that cartridge to something more in line with the rest of your system.