PMC TB2i Signature - Can i do better for £950?

th0m

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I feel it's time to upgrade my Dynaudio's, and a dealer nearby happens to have a pair of demo TB2i Signature's for sale at about £950 and I'm sorely tempted.

Are there any other speakers that can compete with them at that price? I'm looking for something a little bigger than the Dyns this time, as I find them lacking some low end when playing music with very deep reaching bass. I tend to prefer excitement to neutrality but dislike harshness. I also want them to be very allround since my taste in music is very eclectic and I listen to everything from jazz to classical to garage rock etc etc.

I know the ProAc Studio 115's can also be had for around £1000 for example. Are they worth checking out?

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I'm assuming you're sticking to a standmount speaker.

The ProAcs will definitely be worth trying, but if I was looking at bass depth, I'd try the KEF R300's, which will also work great on a Nait XS. Try the Neat Petite SX too.

Hi th0m

If you already haven't done so then also try the next models above the DM 2/6's - the DM 2/7's. The DM 2/7's are capable of offering even greater depth, scale, dynamics and a clearer mid range.

If you're also willing to consider used/dicontinued speakers then Dynaudio's Focus 110's or Contour 1.3's & Contour 1.3 SE's are also worth serious consideration.

Naim amplification generally pairs well with Dynaudio speakers :rockout:

Btw, i just want to be clear that i don't deal with used/secondhand products.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

th0m said:
I feel it's time to upgrade my Dynaudio's, and a dealer nearby happens to have a pair of demo TB2i Signature's for sale at about £950 and I'm sorely tempted.

Are there any other speakers that can compete with them at that price? I'm looking for something a little bigger than the Dyns this time, as I find them lacking some low end when playing music with very deep reaching bass. I tend to prefer excitement to neutrality but dislike harshness. I also want them to be very allround since my taste in music is very eclectic and I listen to everything from jazz to classical to garage rock etc etc.

I know the ProAc Studio 115's can also be had for around £1000 for example. Are they worth checking out?

I would suggest the ProAcs will better your current Dyns, but TB2i are a different ball game altogether. Suppose the you'll be looking at ProAc Response D1 to match or better the PMCs. Not only that, but PMC are a great match with Naim, likewise Neat and MonoPulse.

If you get those TB2i Sigs, I'll be very envious. :)

th0m

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys. I'll try and listen to at least a pair of R300's before I make my mind up, but it feels like I'll probably go for the PMC's. It's the first time I've ever heard any of their speakers actually, but I really enjoyed the overall presentation (plus they're absolutely gorgeous).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts