PMC Prodigy 1

midfi

Sep 11, 2023
Visit site
"The two-way standmounts’ 27mm soft dome tweeter and 130cm mid/bass driver". With a 130cm woofer, bass should be fantastic. 😂

Sliced Bread

"The two-way standmounts’ 27mm soft dome tweeter and 130cm mid/bass driver". With a 130cm woofer, bass should be fantastic. 😂
It depends what you’re after.

13mm is the same as the kef ls50 which plenty of people are satisfied with, so it’s fine within its size / class.

Plus transmission line is essentially a second in phase driver to give it a little extra extension.
They’re -3dp at 25hz which obviously won’t be at big pressure levels, but still very respectable for a small box with a small driver.

My PMC Twenty5 23i’s have 16mm bass driver plus tweeter and they go far lower in room than my previous b&w’s which had a tweeter, 13mm mid driver and two 13mm bass drivers. The b&w’s countered with more upper bass. In fact my 10inch subwoofer only adds about 3 to 5 hz (measured) extension to the PMC, though of course more pressure.

If you want BIG bass then of course go for big speakers, but each speaker has to be judged within their class / form factor and TL can surprise.

Last edited:

Deliriumbassist

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It depends what you’re after.

13mm is the same as the kef ls50 which plenty of people are satisfied with, so it’s fine within its size / class.

Plus transmission line is essentially a second in phase driver to give it a little extra extension.
They’re -3dp at 25hz which obviously won’t be at big pressure levels, but still very respectable for a small box with a small driver.

My PMC Twenty5 23i’s have 16mm bass driver plus tweeter and they go far lower in room than my previous b&w’s which had a tweeter, 13mm mid driver and two 13mm bass drivers. The b&w’s countered with more upper bass. In fact my 10inch subwoofer only adds about 3 to 5 hz (measured) extension to the PMC, though of course more pressure.

If you want BIG bass then of course go for big speakers, but each speaker has to be judged within their class / form factor and TL can surprise.
He was pointing out the original typo of 130cm, which now reads 13cm.

Reactions: Sliced Bread

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts