admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I'm currently auditioning the PMC FB1+ but find them to be a little bass lite with my all CYRUS 8 system, the mid/treble range is just what I need, nice and clear but sweet. Are the OB1's any better for bass depth/extension? I don't think the cables are a problem but I'm using all Chord cables, Chorus interconnect CD-Amp Chameleon Silver Plus interconnect Amp-power amp, Rumor bi-wire. The FB1+ are bi-amped, power amp to the bass units. Any advice much appreciated. Ian ps. Why doesn't this text editor recognise my text formatting, particularly paragraphs!!!!!!!!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Yes, the OB1s do have better bass than the FB1+ speakers, but IMHO I've always found the Cyrus amps a bit bass-light with PMC speakers - and believe me, I've used PMCs for a very long time: see current kit list here. That's a personal rather than magazine opinion, of course...

Re the text editor, not sure - try putting < p > (but without the spaces) tags where you want a paragraph break. Seems to work for me...

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
hi Ian,

Have you considered adding a PSX-R power supply (one or several....) to your Cyrus system? Makes a big difference, and could give you the extra grunt you're after. Try a demo if you haven't already taken the power plunge....

A

Anonymous

Hi Clare,

Yes, I've already got 2 x PSX-R, 1 on the amp the other on the power amp. I think the problem might be that I'm used to the Monitor Audio Silver 8i and to be honest the FB1+ aren't really that bad, just a little more bass would be nice. The bass does seem to kick in more as I turn the volume up, but I don't think my neighbours will stand that for long.

Ian

A

Anonymous

Hi Andrew,

Thank's for your input once again. I may have to make a tough decision between the FB1+ or the ProAc Studio 140's as the OB1s are little more than I'd planned to spend. I might try the ProAc D15 to see if they're any better.

Thanks for the tip with HTML formatting.

As you can see it works

Ian

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts