PMC OB1 speaker set up?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello to all... I have been fortunate enough to buy a second hand pair of PMC OB1's to use in my AV cinema set up and i am currently buying a CB6 centre speaker too. My question is that i have never had 3 way speakers before and i am wondering what is the best way to wire these big boys up. I hear tri wiring is an option, but i'm not sure if i should just use my bi wire cable and use the binding post plate from the treble to the mid driver, and then bi wire the bass and mid drive units? I hope i am on the right track and in need of advice. I am using nordost solar wind cables with an Onkyo 875 av amp and will also venture into bi amping from this amp too once i have over come this problem. I'm hoping Andrew Everard could help me out here because i know he has being using this set up for some months now and look forward to any replies. Kind Regards Tony.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
If you're going to biwire, whip out the mid-to-tweeter link and connect to the tweeter and mid terminals. After a lot of playing around, I found this to be the best set-up.

Oh and they work well with the 875. And even better with a pair of MF Superchargers inbetween the receiver and the speakers!

A

Anonymous

Wow Andrew, you don't mess around, your response is faster than a speeding bullet.
I will give that a try, did you have any cable preference with the onkyo?
Thanx.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Currently running Chord Signature on the front three, and Rumour on the rears. But Chord Carnival Silver Plus or Odyssey are probably more sensible choices

TRENDING THREADS