PMC DB1i

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
JohnDuncan:chebby:

JohnDuncan: So whatever replaces them is going to have to be, er, cute.

I thought the 'Cute' option was too deep for your shelf.

Yeah, I'm just saying it has to be cute to be, er, cute. I am having a total rethink about where and how I listen to music (sorry OP for now going totally OT). I can feel a modest system coming on in the lounge (a Brennan or suchlike) and putting something more substantial in the kitchen (which is where the Mac is), including a headphone setup. Dunno really - but I know the big stereo (inc. turntable) had to go to fund something different. Or I may just wait and see who follows Salisbury's example...

So why the wholesale clearout? I know you loved the AVI Vs; the upgrade bug really gripped the Duncan family, or some other reason?

A

Anonymous

igglebert:When Spendor SA1s appear on ebay for around £750, who cares what DB1i's cost. Sorry, that sounds very fanboy.

Nothing wrong with that iggie, I know exactly what you mean...........

John Duncan

plastic penguin:So why the wholesale clearout? I know you loved the AVI Vs; the upgrade bug really gripped the Duncan family, or some other reason?

Because I do 90% of my listening in the kitchen, and the expensive stereo is in the sitting room. I want to change that, and the Primares won't go in the kitchen. So I've got rid of the sitting room stereo (replaced by not much more than a boom box), and am considering what to do in the kitchen. It might be headphone only, or proper headphone setup and teensy amp and speakers for parties. Am considering Class T amps, micros, small streaming devices...
emotion-5.gif

RodhasGibson

Oct 10, 2008
Visit site
JohnDuncan:plastic penguin:So why the wholesale clearout? I know you loved the AVI Vs; the upgrade bug really gripped the Duncan family, or some other reason? Because I do 90% of my listening in the kitchen, and the expensive stereo is in the sitting room. I want to change that, and the Primares won't go in the kitchen. So I've got rid of the sitting room stereo (replaced by not much more than a boom box), and am considering what to do in the kitchen. It might be headphone only, or proper headphone setup and teensy amp and speakers for parties. Am considering Class T amps, micros, small streaming devices...
emotion-5.gif
John, with regard to the Brennan. Having heard/seen it in action.[brother has one] in his kitchen/diner.To be honest I was quite impressed,may even go that route myself.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts