PM6004 looking for CD Player > Marantz SA KI Pearl Lite or CD6004?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi Guys,

Over the weekend i purchased a Pair of B&W CM1s and Marantz PM6004 amplifier. I have been using my Sony Blu Ray player whilst i decide which CD player to buy. Years a go i owned the CD63 KI signature which i really loved but had to sell on when i started a family. But times have changed and im not really sure how these newer players stack up. If i pushed the boat out and went for the Pearl Lite would i really notice much improvement over the CD6004 through the PM6004. How does the PM6004 compare the old CD63 KI sig?

Also i notice the SA7003 is priced inbetween the two, is this also worth considering?

Any advice much appreciated.

A

Anonymous

Sorry the last bit should read 'How does the CD6004 compare the old CD63 KI sig?'

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Rodd said:
Sorry the last bit should read 'How does the CD6004 compare the old CD63 KI sig?'

If I were you I will upgarde the CD63 MKII KI either by diy or by some third party. For your information I have just modded a CD63 MKii KI myself and the result is extremely good. IMHO this modded CD63 can compete with any CDP at a price tag of £2500.

See the info. on CD63 in the other thread:

http://www.whathifi.com/forum/hi-fi/rolling-back-the-years-marantz-cd52-mk-ii-special-edition?page=1#comment-2735756

If you want to go back to your CD63 there is presently one in the Bay with a new laser mechanism fitted, worth serious consideration:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130712828761?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I have not auditioned CD6004 before but I don't think the SQ is as good as a modded CD63.

A

Anonymous

Hi, to be honest i wouldn't consider something so old. I'd prefer something newer and with warranty. I basically want to know if there is a big difference between the Pearl Light and CD6004 and would i benefit spending more on a CD player in my current set up.

Thanks.

Inter_Voice

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Rodd said:
Hi, to be honest i wouldn't consider something so old. I'd prefer something newer and with warranty. I basically want to know if there is a big difference between the Pearl Light and CD6004 and would i benefit spending more on a CD player in my current set up.

Thanks.

That's fine. If you prefer something new and is prepared to pay for the price of Peral Light which I believe costs about £1000 why not consier OPPO 95 universal Player that costs about the same as Pearl Light. It plays 3D blue rays with good surround outputs. For the 2 channel stereo output it also beats a lot of high end CDPs.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts