Plugging in a DAB radio to a mini hifi

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I want to buy a simple dab radio for my mum. She has a small sony mini hifi system with a spare 'aux in' stereo socket at the back of the mini hifi that I have connected to her video, but she never uses.

Would it be possible to buy a portable dab radio and get a cable that connects the headphone socket (usually one small socket) in the dab radio to the 'aux in' stereo (2 sockets)?

Otherwise, what would be the best way to buy a simple (and not expensive) dab radio and connect it to the mini hifi?

thanks in advance for any help.......

Regards,

Tony

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
That would work and that kind of lead is available "off the shelf". I take it you mean a 3.5mm headphone plug to two RCA or "phono plugs".

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Tony.

As Mooly has said, you need a 3.5mm to 2 RCA/Phono cable. I use one for the very same purpose as yours. They come in various lengths and prices. No need to go nuts. I think I paid about £12 for my Atlas 1.5m one.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the info.

However, in the end, I decided to go with a small Sony micro hifi with dab as it was reasonably cheap.

A separate radio plus cable plus the fingers crossed moment when connecting up seemed like poor value for money when for £25 extra I was able to purchase a replacement micro hifi with all the trimmings that has very good online user reviews.

Thanks,

Tony

PEAYEL

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
Yes this can done with the aforementioned cable. I would check your reception/coveraged in your area first and would go for a quality radio. There are some DAB adapter units out there as well that may be worth a look.

I know that Pure units have both a headphone out and a line level out to do just this. You need to make sure that you get the correct input level for the Sony unit or you could damage the input stage on it.

Happy hunting.

TRENDING THREADS