Please help with Elac bookshelf speakers !

bruce_wein

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,

I'm looking for bookshelves quite some time now and today I went to my local HiFi store.

Well I've auditioned Dali Zensors 3, B&W 685 S2,Monitor Audio Bronze 2, and Elac BS-73.

Now my reciever at home is Marantz 6005 and the store didn't have one so the seller said that Denon

520ae has almost identical sound signature.

Well, let me tell you , those Elacs just blew my mind. Far far better IMHO then anything else I've heared.

I wanted to listen to the B6 to compare but they are not being sold here in Israel at all.

Can anyone help me by telling the difference between Elac BS-73 and Elac B6 ???

Are they similar in sound ?

I can buy the B6s from Amazon but I can't audition them anywhere ... so I'm asking if someone compared them to the BS-73 ?

please help guys

Igor

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
I heard Elac jet speakers, not those you have mentioned here. According to the seller from where I bought my amp ad speakers (and it is also what I heard on youtube, I know...), they are not clear and he would not dare to reccomend it for stereo use. For movies they are ok. All of the Elacs I was listening had crisp sound. B6 is on the other side and it was designed in a different way.

And the main reason against: would never ever buy, even the "best" speaker, without a proper audition.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts