Please help me reduce static

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all,

In the last couple of weeks I have purchased myself an RP1 and thrilled to have got back in to vinyl but the one thing which bothers me is static, it seems to be worse on brand new vinyl but is also noticeable on pretty much everything I play. I was hoping the guru's on here could provide some advice on the best ways to reduce this. I have on my xmas list a Disco Ant-Static cleaner and have also purchased myself some anti-static inner sleeves so I guess this will reduce the static but was wondering whether there was anything I should look at.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
One of these will help you a little me old china. New vinyl is a bit of a nightmare in the static dept these days.

!B9JZr8gCGk~$(KGrHqZ,!l0Ey+jCzNOkBM4-HMpsM!~~0_12.JPG

Change your xmas list from a disco anti stat to a propper rcm and cross your fingers.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Oh gawd. I was going to go into the drain wire dept but thought better of it. Well Rob,i will leave you to dig yourself out of that one,lol.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
I had really annoying static problems with my P3-24, before I upgraded things like the mat, platter and subplatter (the Inspire package for the acrylic platter/mat, Isokinetic for the subplatter).

Now I have no static problems, so something in that set of upgrades did the trick. Might be worth a bit of experimenting.

We also got a room ioniser (Heaven Fresh HF200) online from Boots. That may also have helped.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts