please can this forum have proper moderation!

• Thread starter QuestForThe13thNote
  • Start date
Q

QuestForThe13thNote

If people are to want to stay on this forum please what hi Fi can we have proper moderation and a few moderators. Here are my suggestions

1) no put downs by jokes or veiled jokey put downs, which others don’t know what the others mean.

2) debates and constructive argument is ok. Posts can go on for as long as people are prepared to do so. If you don’t want to contribute, it’s easy, don’t post on that thread.

3) putting people down and making it personal in a debate, is not allowed. If you do it, you can expect other to do it back. The person who starts it is the one that’s called out, not the one who reacts.

4) no swearing or derogatory language.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

Yes after put downs to me. What do they expect. And what the hell are you doing here, if not a put down with others looking in. It’s a put down.

Whilst im trying to sort it out, all you want to do is create bad feeling and make it worse.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Eh? DocG is one of the nicest, most helpful people on here? I’m not going to post any more on this matter until you have calmed down a bit. Stay away for a day or two Quest and come back strong, but please don’t continue this. All the best, GazziP.

DocG

May 1, 2012
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
Whilst im trying to sort it out, all you want to do is create bad feeling and make it worse.

I’m on this forum a couple of years now (on and off). And these past few months, I read the word ‘idiots’ rather regularly, most often in your posts. So you get the irony of your call upon the mods, no?

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

If you want to sort it out then you’d put forward some way forward to do so. Except by not doing all you are really doing is antagonising. SuRely you must realise.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Can you please send me an old fashioned hate mail at elektrobloger@gmail.com and not keep the whole forum hostage?

Thank you

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

This is more of what I view as purile, assinine, vacuous stuff that you come out with which you do to annoy me and others. Particularly in a thread where I really care, and all your post does is antagonise and is unhelpful. You have to stop doing this as it’s childish and to me it comes accross as childish and frivolous. You really want to have it out on email? I don’t. I’m sure of the people that come in this forum and get your comments like this from you, it annoys them too. You do it on pretty much everything I’ve ever said and a lot is veiled put downs. The restraint I’ve had to show with you has been massive.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I don’t see the point because it ought to be obvious really. I’ve come on this forum for great people like cnoevil, plastic penguin, gazzip, drummerman etc and had great respectful debates pretty much all of the time. It means I respect them even more as they will respect my point of view. But tbh having to put up with all the rest of it, is riling all the time with zero moderation. I think what hifi have a duty of care to this moderation. There is only so much offence and put downs I and people can take from people like andrewjvt, otco, daveh, and gaz of recent. If people have grievances with others then they ought to be able to raise them with moderators for the sake of moderation. The other option is not to bother and that would be a shame on hi Fi which I like.

Gaz37

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
That you are the one who has a problem with this forum, you are also the one that wanted his account deleted.

If you care to see the truth might I suggest that you go back through posts on this forum to before you joined and see how regularly issues of this magnitude occured, you'll probably find that whilst they did occasionally it was invariably caused by one or two individuals who thankfully no longer contribute. Many of the regular posters on this forum, with whom YOU have a problem, have been here a long time, for the most time, quite harmoniously.

You ask for moderation, ask yourself this, if you were moderating this forum and saw ONE person who had only recently joined the forum having a problem with a number of your regular long term contributers who would you get rid of?

Get the picture?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts