Plasma Info Pioneer

smarky

Sep 22, 2007
Visit site
Hi i had recently decided to get the 428xd, however have now managed to convince my wife that a 50" would look good on the wall!! Unfortuanlty my budget wont reach the 508xd but whats peoples opinion on the 507xd? is it well rated or if not still go for the 428? Also what is the difference between 428oxd/428xd? Thanks for your help.

A

Anonymous

small spec differences between the "o" and non "o". Not enough to trouble you on the 428 vs 4280, but if you go for the old 427 don't get the 4270.

The 50 inch 507 is lovely. But I bought the samsung as it's a lot cheaper. £1050. Fantastic screens. Either the 507 or the Sammy would do you proud and sooooo much more cinematic than the 42 inch. If you can, get a 50. You won't regret it. It's like owning a full on Ferrari, rather than a Porsche Boxster. The 42 inch always feels like you could have done better, the 50 is just that bit more of a feast for the eyes and it makes all the difference.

jetjohnson

Aug 11, 2007
Visit site
I've just bought a 50" 507xd as I felt the 508 was just a bit too expensive - which caused some controversy on here as I paid £1600 for a demo 507 rather than £1000 ish for a new Samsung.

... You might find it a bit difficult to track down a 50" 507 as they are being took off the shelves rapidly to make way for the "best plasma in the world" 508 - which may mean (if you find one) you might get an even better deal than I thought I got....

.....I do agree with Will though .....go for a 50"!

smarky

Sep 22, 2007
Visit site
Thanks, the only problem is that the only 507's that i can find are ex display and im a bit uneasy about buying one, do you know off any one else to try?? Or can you reccomend a different 50"?

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
The Samsung PS50Q97HDX is a cracking screen and can be had for about a Grand. I upgraded my old Panasonic series 5 to this screen back in May and to be honest when I went out looking for a new screen I never envisaged that I would be coming home with a Samsung, but it offers a lovely sharp image on all feeds I have thrown at it, freeview, Sky+ now Sky HD, and HD gaming on my 360 or HD-DVD look sublime in HD, not to forget good old DVD via my Denon has breathed new life into my DVD collection.

So my advice is go get yourself one today!!!
emotion-21.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts