Planning to get Monitor Audio Rx6 speakers. What amp to get: Arcam A28 or Nait 5i ?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello,

I'm new to this Forum, and to Hifi. :)

In the US, both of these integrated amps cost around US $1700. (with the Arcam a tad cheaper). The arcam A18 is around US $1000.

I've heard both, but really can't decide between them. The Arcam I could hear with the Monitor Audio Rx6 speakers, but not the Naits.

Also, how much better would these be compared to a basic Nad model (The 326 for instance goes for US $500).

So I guess I have two questions:

a) If the Arcam A28 and the Nait 5i cost around the same, which is a better value, sounds better to most people with the Monitor Audio.

b) Are the Arcam/Naits sound thrice as good as the NADs. (They cost thrice as much). :)

Thank you! And thanks for your patience.

A

Anonymous

I've auditioned the speakers with the Arcam and the Nads. Unfortunately, the store does not carry Naim. I heard the Naim in a different store.

MangoMonkey:

Hello,

I'm new to this Forum, and to Hifi. :)

In the US, both of these integrated amps cost around US $1700. (with the Arcam a tad cheaper). The arcam A18 is around US $1000.

I've heard both, but really can't decide between them. The Arcam I could hear with the Monitor Audio Rx6 speakers, but not the Naits.

Also, how much better would these be compared to a basic Nad model (The 326 for instance goes for US $500).

So I guess I have two questions:

a) If the Arcam A28 and the Nait 5i cost around the same, which is a better value, sounds better to most people with the Monitor Audio.

b) Are the Arcam/Naits sound thrice as good as the NADs. (They cost thrice as much). :)

Thank you! And thanks for your patience.

What other brands does the Arcam outlet provide, and what about the Naim supplier? How many inputs do you really need? This last question could be decisive.

A

Anonymous

The Arcam store (http://www.magnoliaav.com/) also carries an entry level Marantz ($500). Apart from that it's either Denon products (AVRs), or McIntosh Amps(starting from US $4000).

The Naim store also carries Cambridge Audio, but it sounds like they won't be a good match for the Monitor Audios.

MangoMonkey:

The Arcam store (http://www.magnoliaav.com/) also carries an entry level Marantz ($500). Apart from that it's either Denon products (AVRs), or McIntosh Amps(starting from US $4000).

The Naim store also carries Cambridge Audio, but it sounds like they won't be a good match for the Monitor Audios.

Could be tricky, although for me it's a 'no brainer'. Arcam is the perfect synergy match for Monitor Audio, especially the Silver range. Sadly, Arcam and MAs don't have universal approval on this forum, and sure, there are amps that are technically better than the Arcs. No point in having the very best sounding amp in its class that's poorly matched. Much more rewarding to have a good amp perfectly matched - and that's what you get with Arcam and Monitor Audio. Another to bare in mind (I've mentioned this a few times over the past couple of years) that Arcam used to test their new amps with MAs, and although that doesn't guarantee a perfect match, from personal experience it really works.

A

Anonymous

Cool! Since I already have a Arcam rDac, it'll be a nice Arcam stack.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts