PL-550 what needle for Stanton 500E

Narsbars

Apr 21, 2022
Visit site
I came up with a perfect Pioneer PL-550 and would at least like to replace the needle but I can't find any suppliers I can trust or replacements I can trust. Any ideas?
Everything seems to be cheap with no specs, no tracking weight, nothing to judge by. Can anyone recommend a reliable company? I hate the idea of risking some of my old well preserved vinyl to the mercy of cheap knock offs. At least the unit came with two headshells and three needles but of course I have no way to really test the condition of the existing needles.

In view of the likely cost, and bearing in mind that Stanton (and its related brand Pickering) have been long gone, it might be better to choose an AT95 that suits your budget. Replacement styli readily available, and whole cartridges from about £30 upwards. Also available pre-fitted to a new headshell.

Reactions: Gray
In view of the likely cost, and bearing in mind that Stanton (and its related brand Pickering) have been long gone, it might be better to choose an AT95 that suits your budget. Replacement styli readily available, and whole cartridges from about £30 upwards. Also available pre-fitted to a new headshell.

this would have been my suggestion, replace the whole cartridge.

Reactions: Narsbars

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
Stanton Jico japan lots of option , not all shown on website
or New cartridge PL550 users like Ortofon 2M Blue , Sumiko Blue Point
Stanton RS | JICO Nippon Seiki Jewelry Industry Co., Ltd.

Pioneer PL-550 Turntable Reviews - The Vinyl Engine
i have this turntable since late 70´s, when i bought a newer PL-707 i started to use it on other system and recentelly i bought a sumiko oyster for it and sounds perfect but there´s also the JNP/MP-110 from nagaoka more or less the same price range and quality wise both are great for the price

TRENDING THREADS